Up-and-coming scribes Chris Shafer and Paul Vicknair have been hired to write The Girl Who Conned The Ivy League, the feature adaptation of a Rolling Stone article that McG’s Wonderland Sound and Vision will produce. Amanda Seyfried has been tapped to star in the true story of a woman who creates a fake identity and scams her way into Columbia University. Sabrina Rubin Erdely wrote the original article. McG and Wonderland production president Mary Viola are producing with Michael Nardelli (Another Happy Day), who is financing development via his Taggart Productions banner; Pam Schachter is co-producing. Shafer and Vicknair recently sold a TV pilot, the romantic comedy Girlfriend Season, to CBS, and their feature spec A Many Splintered Thing was a Nicholl Fellowship finalist this year. They are repped by UTA and Brillstein. McG, repped by WME, is in postproduction on his upcoming film This Means War, starring Reese Witherspoon, Chris Pine and Tom Hardy. Also on the feature side, Wonderland is developing Dead Spy Running at Warner Bros with Stephen Gaghan directing and Tink at Disney with Elizabeth Banks starring.
Chris Shafer & Paul Vicknair To Pen Amanda Seyfried-Starring 'The Girl Who Conned The Ivy League' Pic For McG
What's Hot on Deadline
Earth Will Feel The Power Of The Force Again: Disney's 'Rogue One' On Course For $280M-$350M Global Opening - Preview
'Office Christmas Party' Gets Louder With $17M+, Though 'Moana' Still Has Leading Luau; 'La La Land' Huge - Noon Update
'Spider-Man: Homecoming 2' Shoots Web Around Independence Day 2019; 'Bad Boys 4' Moves To Memorial Day
Alec Baldwin Says Ha! To Donald Trump, While Judd Apatow Calls 'SNL'-Watching Prez-Elect "Terrifying Lunatic"
Latest Film News
- Anna Kendrick, Laura Dern & Don Cheadle To Announce 2017 Golden Globes Nominees
- ‘Office Christmas Party’ Review: Dreaming Of A Raunchy Christmas? This Is The Movie For You
- ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming 2’ Shoots Web Around Independence Day 2019; ‘Bad Boys 4’ Moves To…
- Seána Kerslake Inks With Paradigm & Untitled; Van Johnson Company Signs Jason Stuart
- Paramount Sets ‘Inconvenient Truth’ Sequel To Open Sundance Film Festival
- Earth Will Feel The Power Of The Force Again: Disney’s ‘Rogue One’ On Course For $280M-$350M Global Opening…