EXCLUSIVE: Cheyenne Jackson (Glee, 30 Rock) and Scrubs alum Ken Jenkins are set to co-star opposite Nathan Lane in USA’s untitled Douglas McGrath comedy pilot. The single-camera comedy, which Oscar nominee McGrath (Bullets Over Broadway) wrote and will direct, centers on Jasper (Lane), an unlucky actor whose Broadway aspirations must be put on hold when his father’s health takes a turn for worse, forcing him to return to his Texas hometown. ICM-repped Jackson will play Tim, a handsome doctor who befriends Jasper in his Texas hometown. McGrath and Lane are executive producing for Universal Cable Prods. “It was a tremendous casting session,” USA’s SVP original scripted programming Bill McGoldrick said. “It is rare that you pick 2 people in the first casting session, and the runner-ups were very strong too.” This is one of 2 comedy pilots USA recently greenlit as part of its foray into half-hours. The deals for the other, Paging Dr. Freed, are still being finalized.
Cheyenne Jackson And Ken Jenkins To Co-Star In USA's Nathan Lane Comedy Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can't Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest TV News
- Steve Harvey To Warren Beatty: “Call Me”
- Amazon Picks Up Sky Drama Series ‘Fortitude’ For Season 2
- Oscars Ratings: Best Picture Gaffe-Stained Show Down To Nine-Year Low
- Comcast Agrees To Add YouTube App To Xfinity Platform
- Viola Davis & Mahershala Ali’s Oscar Wins Prove Successful Film & TV Careers Can Co-Exist
- Oscars: Donald Trump Dominates Until Best Picture Snafu Steals Spotlight