EXCLUSIVE: Cheyenne Jackson (Glee, 30 Rock) and Scrubs alum Ken Jenkins are set to co-star opposite Nathan Lane in USA’s untitled Douglas McGrath comedy pilot. The single-camera comedy, which Oscar nominee McGrath (Bullets Over Broadway) wrote and will direct, centers on Jasper (Lane), an unlucky actor whose Broadway aspirations must be put on hold when his father’s health takes a turn for worse, forcing him to return to his Texas hometown. ICM-repped Jackson will play Tim, a handsome doctor who befriends Jasper in his Texas hometown. McGrath and Lane are executive producing for Universal Cable Prods. “It was a tremendous casting session,” USA’s SVP original scripted programming Bill McGoldrick said. “It is rare that you pick 2 people in the first casting session, and the runner-ups were very strong too.” This is one of 2 comedy pilots USA recently greenlit as part of its foray into half-hours. The deals for the other, Paging Dr. Freed, are still being finalized.
Cheyenne Jackson And Ken Jenkins To Co-Star In USA's Nathan Lane Comedy Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
Red Nose Day Actually: 'Love Actually' Short-Film Sequel With Hugh Grant, Keira Knightley, Bill Nighy & More
Latest TV News
- Donald Trump Son-In Law Jared Kushner Discussed Secret Communication Channel With Russia: Report
- Stephen Colbert Explains How Donald Trump Alpha-Dogged His Way Through NATO Summit
- ‘The Simpsons’: Donald Trump Gets A Thank-You From Richard Nixon’s Ghost
- Viacom’s Great Program Migration: Guide To Which Show Moved Where
- MSNBC President Phil Griffin Signs New Deal; Whither Goest Lawrence O’Donnell?
- ‘The 100’ Ups Tasya Teles To Regular; ‘Supergirl’s Floriana Lima To Return As Recurring