EXCLUSIVE: Chernin Entertainment has acquired Untitled Foreign Exchange, a comedy pitch that Shawn Harwell will write and Jeff Tomsic will direct. Peter Chernin, Dylan Clark and Jenno Topping will produce for Chernin Entertainment, which won the pitch with a preemptive offer made from the company’s discretionary fund. Tomsic gets the directing job after helming a number of shorts, including I’m Having A Difficult Time Killing My Parents, which debuted at the 2011 Sundance Film Festival. He’s also directed shows for MTV and VH1 and campaigns for Dr. Pepper, Hasbro and other brands. Harwell cowrote Dog Fight, the Warner Bros comedy that Jay Roach is directing with Will Ferrell and Zach Galifianakis. He also scripted Hench with Danny McBride for Warner Bros and Neal Moritz, and was a staff writer in McBride’s HBO Series Eastbound & Down. Both are repped by CAA and Tomsic is managed by Generate.
Chernin Buys 'Foreign Exchange' Pitch; Shawn Harwell Writing, Jeff Tomsic To Direct
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fantastic Beasts' Bests $600M WW; 'Moana' Mints $177M; 'Doctor Strange' Ices 'Deadpool', 'Iron Man 2' - Intl Box Office
Alec Baldwin Says Ha! To Donald Trump, While Judd Apatow Calls 'SNL'-Watching Prez-Elect "Terrifying Lunatic"
Latest Film News
- Whydah Productions Secures Rights To Barry Clifford & JFK Jr.’s Pirate Ship Tale
- Film Arcade Inks Multi-Year Domestic Distribution Deal With Universal Home Entertainment
- Fortitude Runs With Adidas/Puma Origin Story Produced By Andrew Garfield
- Guillermo Del Toro To Receive Sound Editors’ Filmmaker Award
- Jessica Chastain’s Surprising Journey Into Corporate Lobbying With ‘Miss Sloane’
- Jimmy Kimmel To Host The Oscars