EXCLUSIVE: Steven Soderbergh, who just directed Channing Tatum in Magic Mike, is eyeing him for the lead in The Man From U.N.C.L.E., I’m told. Both of those films are at Warner Bros. Soderbergh has been looking for an actor to replace George Clooney, who bowed out because he’s having surgery and wasn’t up to the stunt work. That shouldn’t be a problem for Tatum. No offer yet, but let’s see how this plays out.
Channing Tatum For 'Man From U.N.C.L.E.?
What's Hot on Deadline
'Uncharted' Reconfigured: 'Spider-Man Homecoming's Tom Holland To Play Young Nathan Drake For Shawn Levy
'Criminal Minds': Kirsten Vangsness & A.J. Cook In Limbo Over Parity Push As Joe Mantegna & Matthew Gray Gubler Re-Up
'Wonder Woman' Promo Features 'Supergirl's Melissa Benoist, Chyler Leigh, Lynda Carter & Teri Hatcher
Latest Film News
- IFC Closing Deal For Director’s Fortnight Pic ‘A Ciambra:’ Cannes
- Sam Mendes In Early Talks To Direct Disney’s Live-Action ‘Pinocchio’
- Joss Whedon To Wrap Up ‘Justice League’ Movie After Snyder Family Tragedy
- Joey King, Julia Goldani-Telles & More Join ‘Slender Man’ From Director Sylvain White
- Women Lead The Charge Toward A Gender Balance Not Seen In The History Of Entertainment — Deadline Disruptors
- When The Film Academy Invites New Members, Keep An Eye On That Growing Documentary Branch