It seems like CBS brass approach creating the titles of their shows the way they select their bank account passwords — by trying hard to assemble an unduplicatable sequence of letters and numbers. Consistently over the past years, the network has employed unusual (and rather annoying for writers) punctuation in their show titles. First it was Numb3rs, then $#*! My Dad Says and Hawaii Five-0, which the network insisted we spell with a zero instead of the letter “O”. And today came the announcement of CBS’ latest stump-the-keyboard series title, ¡Rob! That is the name of the network’s midseason comedy series starring Rob Schneider. The choice of punctuation is related to the series’ plot about a lifelong bachelor (Schneider) who marries into a tight-knit Mexican-American family. Still, can we keep the quirkiness and whimsy in the shows and off their titles, por favor?
CBS' Weird Title Punctuation Obsession
What's Hot on Deadline
SAG Awards: 'Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri' Wins For Film Ensemble - Complete Winners List
SAG Awards Analysis: 'Three Billboards' Rebounds From PGA Loss, But Oscar Race Still Too Close To Call; NBC's 'This Is Us' Shakes Things Up On TV Side
Jason Blum's Advice To Burgeoning Producers At Sundance: "Don’t Worry About Your Movie Getting A Theatrical Release"
'Jumanji' At $768M WW Intensity & 4th #1 In A Row Overseas; 'Maze Runner: Death Cure' Debuts - International Box Office
White House Correspondent April Ryan Tells CNN News Organizations Have Police "On Speed Dial" For Death Threats
PGA Awards: 'The Shape Of Water' Wins Outstanding Producer; 'Handmaid's Tale', 'Mrs. Maisel' Tops In TV - Full Winners List
Latest TV News
- Caryn Mandabach Prods Developing Kazuo Ishiguro’s ‘When We Were Orphans’
- SAG Awards Analysis: ‘Three Billboards’ Rebounds From PGA Loss, But Oscar Race Still Too Close To Call; NBC’s ‘This Is Us’ Shakes…
- SAG Awards Backstage: Allison Janney Calls #MeToo Movement “Watershed Moment” For Hollywood
- SAG Awards: ‘Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri’ Wins For Film Ensemble – Complete Winners List
- Philadelphia Eagles Demolish Minnesota Vikings 38-7 In NFC Championship
- SAG Awards Stunt Ensemble Winners: ‘Wonder Woman’ & ‘Game Of Thrones’