CBS has ordered three additional episodes from modestly rated A Gifted Man, bringing the medical/ghost drama’s freshman season to 16 episodes. It is not clear what CBS plans to put in the low-trafficked Friday 8 PM time slot after A Gifted Man ends its run. The network is yet to schedule midseason drama The 2-2, but, judging by how A Gifted Man and Chaos struggled there, CBS will probably think twice before slotting another newbie in the hour. A Gifted Man was the only new CBS series this fall that hadn’t heard about its fate via an episodic/script order or cancellation. It has been averaging a low 1.2 rating among adults 18-49 in the Friday 8 PM slot. But in total viewers, the series starring Patrick Wilson has been solid, most recently drawing 8.3 million viewers, more than double the audience of its nearest competitor in the hour. Of the other four freshman CBS series this fall, 2 Broke Girls, Person Of Interest and Unforgettable have been given full-season pickups, while How To Be A Gentleman was canceled.
'A Gifted Man' Gets 3-Episode Back Order
What's Hot on Deadline
No Obama Bounce For DNC Day 3 Ratings As They Fall Behind RNC, 'Wayward Pines' Finale Down From 2015
Venice Film Festival: Lido To Launch Pics From Ford, Gibson, Malick & More As Awards Season Starts To Buzz - Full List
Bill O'Reilly Defends Comments That Slaves Who Built The White House Were "Well-Fed And Had Decent Lodging" - Update
Latest TV News
- PBS’ ‘The Talk’ Panel: The Issue Of Police Violence Front And Center – TCA
- Corporate Lawyers: Best Friend To Stephen Colbert Fans?
- ‘Command And Control’ Trailer: Inside One Of The Cold War’s Tensest Moments – TCA
- ‘Scandal’ POTUS Tony Goldwyn Gives American History Lesson In DNC Video
- ‘Victoria’ Producers & Cast Talk Story, Long-Term Potential & Filling That ‘Downton Abbey’ Slot…
- ‘Empire’ & Fox Beat $10M Copyright Suit From “Gangsta Pimp”s Memoir & Script