CBS has ordered three additional episodes from modestly rated A Gifted Man, bringing the medical/ghost drama’s freshman season to 16 episodes. It is not clear what CBS plans to put in the low-trafficked Friday 8 PM time slot after A Gifted Man ends its run. The network is yet to schedule midseason drama The 2-2, but, judging by how A Gifted Man and Chaos struggled there, CBS will probably think twice before slotting another newbie in the hour. A Gifted Man was the only new CBS series this fall that hadn’t heard about its fate via an episodic/script order or cancellation. It has been averaging a low 1.2 rating among adults 18-49 in the Friday 8 PM slot. But in total viewers, the series starring Patrick Wilson has been solid, most recently drawing 8.3 million viewers, more than double the audience of its nearest competitor in the hour. Of the other four freshman CBS series this fall, 2 Broke Girls, Person Of Interest and Unforgettable have been given full-season pickups, while How To Be A Gentleman was canceled.
'A Gifted Man' Gets 3-Episode Back Order
What's Hot on Deadline
Patton Oswalt Responds To Arrest In Golden State Killer Case, The Subject Of Late Wife's Book "I'll Be Gone In The Dark"
Latest TV News
- ‘Once Upon A Time’ EP Steve Pearlman Inks Overall Deal With ABC Studios
- Alan Ball’s Drama ‘Here and Now’ Canceled By HBO After One Season
- New York AG Settles With Sharp Entertainment Over Unpaid Overtime; Reality Producer Responds – Update
- ‘Inside Amy Schumer’ Co-Creator Daniel Powell Inks Animation Partnership With Comedy Central
- ‘The Walking Dead’s Lauren Cohan To Return For Season 9 Arc – Update
- Forest Whitaker To Topline Straight-To-Series Crime Drama At Epix