CBS has ordered three additional episodes from modestly rated A Gifted Man, bringing the medical/ghost drama’s freshman season to 16 episodes. It is not clear what CBS plans to put in the low-trafficked Friday 8 PM time slot after A Gifted Man ends its run. The network is yet to schedule midseason drama The 2-2, but, judging by how A Gifted Man and Chaos struggled there, CBS will probably think twice before slotting another newbie in the hour. A Gifted Man was the only new CBS series this fall that hadn’t heard about its fate via an episodic/script order or cancellation. It has been averaging a low 1.2 rating among adults 18-49 in the Friday 8 PM slot. But in total viewers, the series starring Patrick Wilson has been solid, most recently drawing 8.3 million viewers, more than double the audience of its nearest competitor in the hour. Of the other four freshman CBS series this fall, 2 Broke Girls, Person Of Interest and Unforgettable have been given full-season pickups, while How To Be A Gentleman was canceled.
'A Gifted Man' Gets 3-Episode Back Order
What's Hot on Deadline
Jared Kushner Repeats "I Did Not Collude" Doctrine In Rare Public Speech After Meeting With Senate Intel Staff
Latest TV News
- Jimmy Fallon Unveils Former White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer’s New Music Video
- ‘Santa Clarita Diet’: Zach Knighton Set For Major Season 2 Arc On Netflix Comedy
- Sabrina Wind Named TV President Of Jason Reed’s ABC Studios-Based Co.
- Fox News Trades Insults With New York Times Over Coverage Of Botched Plot To Kill ISIS Leader
- ‘Mars’ Season 2: Esai Morales, Roxy Sternberg, Five More Round Out Cast As Production Begins
- Writers’ Health Care Costs Going Up In January