CBS has ordered three additional episodes from modestly rated A Gifted Man, bringing the medical/ghost drama’s freshman season to 16 episodes. It is not clear what CBS plans to put in the low-trafficked Friday 8 PM time slot after A Gifted Man ends its run. The network is yet to schedule midseason drama The 2-2, but, judging by how A Gifted Man and Chaos struggled there, CBS will probably think twice before slotting another newbie in the hour. A Gifted Man was the only new CBS series this fall that hadn’t heard about its fate via an episodic/script order or cancellation. It has been averaging a low 1.2 rating among adults 18-49 in the Friday 8 PM slot. But in total viewers, the series starring Patrick Wilson has been solid, most recently drawing 8.3 million viewers, more than double the audience of its nearest competitor in the hour. Of the other four freshman CBS series this fall, 2 Broke Girls, Person Of Interest and Unforgettable have been given full-season pickups, while How To Be A Gentleman was canceled.
'A Gifted Man' Gets 3-Episode Back Order
What's Hot on Deadline
'Show Dogs' Getting Re-Cut By Global Road In Response To Concerns Over Inappropriate Sex Abuse Message
'The Middle' Series Finale: ABC's Fond Farewell To America's Beloved TV Family Is One "Heck Of A Ride"
'The Middle' Co-Creator On The "Bittersweet" Series Finale, Devoted Fans And Possible 10-Year Reboot
Latest TV News
- Abrams Artists Agency Ups Jade Sherman To VP On Digital Team
- ‘Arrested Development’s Jessica Walter Alleges Jeffrey Tambor Verbally Harassed Her
- Mark Wahlberg, Stephen Levinson & Archie Gips’ Unrealistic Ideas Taps Jonty Nash As Head Of Development
- ABC Answers Michael Jackson Estate’s Claim That Network Didn’t Secure Rights For Special On Late Singer…
- John Malkovich To Play Hercule Poirot In ‘The ABC Murders’ For BBC One
- Former ‘Bachelorette’ Star Claims She Was Sexually Assaulted By Show’s Masseuse