CBS has ordered three additional episodes from modestly rated A Gifted Man, bringing the medical/ghost drama’s freshman season to 16 episodes. It is not clear what CBS plans to put in the low-trafficked Friday 8 PM time slot after A Gifted Man ends its run. The network is yet to schedule midseason drama The 2-2, but, judging by how A Gifted Man and Chaos struggled there, CBS will probably think twice before slotting another newbie in the hour. A Gifted Man was the only new CBS series this fall that hadn’t heard about its fate via an episodic/script order or cancellation. It has been averaging a low 1.2 rating among adults 18-49 in the Friday 8 PM slot. But in total viewers, the series starring Patrick Wilson has been solid, most recently drawing 8.3 million viewers, more than double the audience of its nearest competitor in the hour. Of the other four freshman CBS series this fall, 2 Broke Girls, Person Of Interest and Unforgettable have been given full-season pickups, while How To Be A Gentleman was canceled.
'A Gifted Man' Gets 3-Episode Back Order
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pirates' Hopes To Make Waves Around The World With $230M+ Launch - Memorial Day Weekend Box Office Preview
Sony Pictures Classics Lands Watergate Scandal Film 'The Silent Man'; Liam Neeson As 'Deep Throat' Mark Felt
'The Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' Review: Johnny Depp And A Couple Of Oscar Winners Help Keep This Fun Ride Afloat
Latest TV News
- NBC’s ‘Bye Bye Birdie’ Live Musical Moved To 2018
- Robert Zemeckis-Produced UFO Drama ‘Blue Book’ Gets Series Order By History
- ‘Veep’ & ‘Silicon Valley’ Renewed By HBO
- ‘Suits’ Creator Aaron Korsh Inks New Overall Deal With Universal Cable Prods.
- Ed Helms To Topline ‘The Fake News with Ted Nelms’ Special For Comedy Central
- ‘Channel Zero’: Brandon Scott & Holland Roden Join Season 3 Of Syfy Anthology