CBS Films announced today that it will release its airplane thriller 7500 on August 31, 2012. The Grudge helmer Takashi Shimizu is set to direct the story of a group of passengers who encounter what appears to be a supernatural force while on a transpacific flight. Craig Rosenberg (Lost) wrote the screenplay for the film, which begins shooting this month. We reported Tuesday that Leslie Bibb, Ryan Kwanten and Amy Smart will star in the film; since then, Jamie Chung, Christian Serratos and Scout Taylor-Compton have been added to the cast.
CBS Films Sets Release Date For '7500'
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
More From Team
- Embeth Davidtz & Jack Noseworthy Join 'Marilyn' Miniseries; 'Lumen' Pilot Rounds Out Cast
- HBO's 'The Normal Heart' To Receive PGA's Stanley Kramer Award
- Watch President Obama Discuss Sony Hack In Year-End Press Conference (Live Stream)
- Comedy Central Moves Up '@Midnight' For 2 Weeks Ahead Of Larry Wilmore Premiere
- MPAA Says North Korea Attack On Sony Is “Despicable, Criminal Act”
- Hulu Acquires 'Fargo' Miniseries In Deal With MGM