EXCLUSIVE: I’m hearing that CAA’s top video game agent has just informed the tenpercentery that he’s heading for rival UTA. Ophir Lupu is one of the video game industry’s top agents and co-head of the video game department at Creative Artists Agency. He’ll head UTA’s Video Games practice. Lupu represents leading developers in console gaming as well as in the fast-growing social, casual and mobile gaming sectors. Lupu was named co-head of CAA’s video game department in May of this year. He has spent his entire career at CAA, which he joined in 2000 after graduating from George Washington University. At CAA, Lupu represented such industry leaders as Ken Levine (“BioShock”), Patrice Desilets (“Assassin’s Creed”), Warren Spector (Disney’s “Epic Mickey”), Cliff Bleszinski (“Gears of War”), That Game Company (“Flower”), Crytek (“Homefront 2”), Klei Entertainment (“Shank”), Trapdoor, Inc. (“Warp”) and Tomonobu Itagaki’s Valhalla Studios (“Devil’s Third”), among others. Lupu earlier this year orchestrated the acquisition of client Area/Code by Zynga.
CAA Video Game Co-Head Jumps To UTA
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Star Trek Beyond’ Flying To Decent $60.3M: But Why Is Opening Lower Than ‘Into Darkness’?
- Noureen DeWulf Books Three Film Roles; Hannah Rose May Joins ‘The Recall’
- Joss Whedon’s Sermon On The Con: “The Dialogue Between Audiences And Studios Is Defaulting”
- RealD's 3D Projection Patents Upheld By U.S. International Trade Org
- Life After ‘Orphan Black’? Tatiana Maslany & Creators Discuss – Comic-Con
- Mark Boal Decries Military “Fishing Expedition” In Bowe Bergdahl Case