EXCLUSIVE: I’m hearing that CAA’s top video game agent has just informed the tenpercentery that he’s heading for rival UTA. Ophir Lupu is one of the video game industry’s top agents and co-head of the video game department at Creative Artists Agency. He’ll head UTA’s Video Games practice. Lupu represents leading developers in console gaming as well as in the fast-growing social, casual and mobile gaming sectors. Lupu was named co-head of CAA’s video game department in May of this year. He has spent his entire career at CAA, which he joined in 2000 after graduating from George Washington University. At CAA, Lupu represented such industry leaders as Ken Levine (“BioShock”), Patrice Desilets (“Assassin’s Creed”), Warren Spector (Disney’s “Epic Mickey”), Cliff Bleszinski (“Gears of War”), That Game Company (“Flower”), Crytek (“Homefront 2”), Klei Entertainment (“Shank”), Trapdoor, Inc. (“Warp”) and Tomonobu Itagaki’s Valhalla Studios (“Devil’s Third”), among others. Lupu earlier this year orchestrated the acquisition of client Area/Code by Zynga.
CAA Video Game Co-Head Jumps To UTA
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Fate Of The Furious’ Fires Up $745M Offshore, $908M WW; Tops ‘Transformers’ In China – International…
- ‘Wasted!’ Directors & EP Anthony Bourdain On The Problem Of Food Waste And Ways To Combat It…
- Dennis Rodman Runs Amok In Colin Hanks’ ‘The Amazing Adventures Of Wally And The Worm’…
- ‘Dear Basketball’ Scribe Kobe Bryant On A Career Built “Piece By Piece” And Life After Basketball…
- Docs 'Citizen Jane' & 'Jeremiah Tower' Rule Quiet Weekend – Specialty B.O.
- Deadline Studio at Tribeca 2017 – Day 3 – Andie MacDowell, Joseph Fiennes, Elisabeth Moss, Kobe Bryant, Dan Stevens…