EXCLUSIVE: CAA has signed Robert Lorenz, the longtime producing partner of Clint Eastwood at Malpaso Productions, who is making his feature directorial debut with Trouble With The Curve, the Warner Bros road trip movie that will star Eastwood and possibly Amy Adams. Eastwood plays a veteran baseball scout who heads off on a mission to scout a potential standout prospect. Lorenz was formerly repped by WME, but has been without an agent for awhile. Lorenz steps up to directing after being a producer and often second unit director on such Eastwood-directed films as Mystic River, Million Dollar Baby, Grand Torino, Invictus and the recently release J. Edgar. He’s also producing A Star is Born, which has Beyonce attached to star and Eastwood to direct. Lorenz has twice been nominated for Best Picture Oscars on Mystic River and Flags Of Our Fathers and Letters From Iowa Jima.
CAA Signs 'Trouble With The Curve' Director Robert Lorenz
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Fleming Jr
- 'Homeland' Finale: 'Long Time Coming'
- Bart & Fleming: On…What Else? Sony Hack Attack
- Attention, Hacked And Beleaguered Sony Staffers: Self-Protection Tips
- Hollywood Needs Cyber Czar: Guest Column
- 'Saturday Night Live' At Halfway Mark: Reconsidering A Hot Mess
- Ben Affleck, Others Stumping For Bradley Cooper's 'American Sniper' Performance