EXCLUSIVE: CAA has signed Robert Lorenz, the longtime producing partner of Clint Eastwood at Malpaso Productions, who is making his feature directorial debut with Trouble With The Curve, the Warner Bros road trip movie that will star Eastwood and possibly Amy Adams. Eastwood plays a veteran baseball scout who heads off on a mission to scout a potential standout prospect. Lorenz was formerly repped by WME, but has been without an agent for awhile. Lorenz steps up to directing after being a producer and often second unit director on such Eastwood-directed films as Mystic River, Million Dollar Baby, Grand Torino, Invictus and the recently release J. Edgar. He’s also producing A Star is Born, which has Beyonce attached to star and Eastwood to direct. Lorenz has twice been nominated for Best Picture Oscars on Mystic River and Flags Of Our Fathers and Letters From Iowa Jima.
CAA Signs 'Trouble With The Curve' Director Robert Lorenz
Trending Now on Deadline
'Midnight Rider' Trial Date Set For Indicted Filmmakers; 1st Assistant Director Hillary Schwartz Turns Herself In
More From Fleming Jr
- 'The Killer' Movie: Alex Holmes Set To Adapt For Pierre Morel, Studiocanal
- After Moving Slow As Corpse, 'Zombieland 2′ Gets Writer And Urgency
- Is the Movie Business Healthy Or Hurting? Deadline's Fleming and Busch Duke It Out In DeadlineNow Video
- Dylan Sellers Exits President Post at TWC
- Dennis Quaid Joins Dan Rather-George W. Bush Scandal Pic 'Truth'
- Quvenzhane Wallis To Star In Bestseller 'Counting By 7s'