EXCLUSIVE: CAA has signed Robert Lorenz, the longtime producing partner of Clint Eastwood at Malpaso Productions, who is making his feature directorial debut with Trouble With The Curve, the Warner Bros road trip movie that will star Eastwood and possibly Amy Adams. Eastwood plays a veteran baseball scout who heads off on a mission to scout a potential standout prospect. Lorenz was formerly repped by WME, but has been without an agent for awhile. Lorenz steps up to directing after being a producer and often second unit director on such Eastwood-directed films as Mystic River, Million Dollar Baby, Grand Torino, Invictus and the recently release J. Edgar. He’s also producing A Star is Born, which has Beyonce attached to star and Eastwood to direct. Lorenz has twice been nominated for Best Picture Oscars on Mystic River and Flags Of Our Fathers and Letters From Iowa Jima.
CAA Signs 'Trouble With The Curve' Director Robert Lorenz
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: 2nd Best Sunday $59M+; 3-Day $201M+; 4-Day To Shred 'Jurassic World' & Possibly 'Last Jedi'
BAFTA Awards: 'Three Billboards' Wins Best Film, Tops Night With Five Nods - The Complete Winners List
Latest Film News
- M.I.A & Ed Sheeran Films Drum Up Global Interest in Rock Docs – Berlin
- Idrissa Ouedraogo Dies: Noted Director Of African Film Was 64
- BAFTA Awards: ‘Three Billboards’ Stuns ‘Shape Of Water’ But Does This Mean Oscar Is Next?…
- History Is Already Written: Film Comedies Came Back In 2018
- Greenwich Entertainment Acquires Lorna Tucker Docu ‘Westwood: Punk, Icon, Activist’
- BAFTA Awards: ‘Three Billboards’ Wins Best Film, Tops Night With Five Nods – The Complete Winners List