EXCLUSIVE: CAA has signed Robert Lorenz, the longtime producing partner of Clint Eastwood at Malpaso Productions, who is making his feature directorial debut with Trouble With The Curve, the Warner Bros road trip movie that will star Eastwood and possibly Amy Adams. Eastwood plays a veteran baseball scout who heads off on a mission to scout a potential standout prospect. Lorenz was formerly repped by WME, but has been without an agent for awhile. Lorenz steps up to directing after being a producer and often second unit director on such Eastwood-directed films as Mystic River, Million Dollar Baby, Grand Torino, Invictus and the recently release J. Edgar. He’s also producing A Star is Born, which has Beyonce attached to star and Eastwood to direct. Lorenz has twice been nominated for Best Picture Oscars on Mystic River and Flags Of Our Fathers and Letters From Iowa Jima.
CAA Signs 'Trouble With The Curve' Director Robert Lorenz
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Jeffrey Tambor Accused By 'Transparent' Actress Of Sexual Harassment; Actor Admits "Flaws," Says "Misinterpreted"
'The Royals' Female Cast & Crew Members Speak Out, Accuse Showrunner Mark Schwahn Of Sexual Harassment
MoviePass Launches Annual Subscription Plan For Under $8 A Month: That's Lower Than The Average Movie Ticket Price
Latest Film News
- Raza Jaffrey Cast In ‘The Rhythm Section’
- ‘Don’t Talk To Irene’ Filmmaker Pat Mills Signs With Verve
- Bryan Cranston Talks ‘Last Flag Flying’ And His Upcoming Turn As Howard Beale In ‘Network’ On The…
- Millennium Pacts In Exclusive Deal With ‘Curious George’ Rey Estate For Origin Story
- Rose Byrne Joins Mark Wahlberg In ‘Instant Family’ From Paramount
- ‘Justice League’ Unites $27.3M After Two Days At International Box Office