EXCLUSIVE: Hung writer-producer Brett C. Leonard has been tapped to write a new script for Taxi-22, HBO’s adaptation of the hit French Canadian series, which is being produced by James Gandolfini’s Attaboy Prods. Taxi-22, developed as a potential starring vehicle for Gandolfini, centers on a politically incorrect cab driver in NYC struggling to keep his life together. Gandolfini, Leonard, Dennis Erdman, Clark Peterson, Nancy Sanders and Mark Armstrong are executive producing. Leonard is the third writer assigned with adapting the French Canadian original created by Patrick Huard and Francois Flamand and starring Huard. He succeeds Kenneth Lonergan and Dave Flebotte who wrote previous versions. Writer-playwright Leonard, repped by UTA, serves as producer on HBO’s dark comedy Hung. His play The Long Red Road was recently staged at Chicago’s Owen Theatre with Philip Seymour Hoffman directing. Gandolfini is with CAA.
Brett Leonard To Write Comedy Project 'Taxi-22' For HBO And James Gandolfini
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'