EXCLUSIVE: Hung writer-producer Brett C. Leonard has been tapped to write a new script for Taxi-22, HBO’s adaptation of the hit French Canadian series, which is being produced by James Gandolfini’s Attaboy Prods. Taxi-22, developed as a potential starring vehicle for Gandolfini, centers on a politically incorrect cab driver in NYC struggling to keep his life together. Gandolfini, Leonard, Dennis Erdman, Clark Peterson, Nancy Sanders and Mark Armstrong are executive producing. Leonard is the third writer assigned with adapting the French Canadian original created by Patrick Huard and Francois Flamand and starring Huard. He succeeds Kenneth Lonergan and Dave Flebotte who wrote previous versions. Writer-playwright Leonard, repped by UTA, serves as producer on HBO’s dark comedy Hung. His play The Long Red Road was recently staged at Chicago’s Owen Theatre with Philip Seymour Hoffman directing. Gandolfini is with CAA.
Brett Leonard To Write Comedy Project 'Taxi-22' For HBO And James Gandolfini
What's Hot on Deadline
'Last Man On Earth' Finale: EPs Phil Lord & Christopher Miller Tease "Awesome" Season 2 & Post-Apocalyptic Fun
Latest TV News
- ‘Keeping Up With Kardashians: About Bruce’ Debuts On E!
- Ian McKellen, Derek Jacobi Return To ‘Vicious’ In Season 2 Teaser
- Grace Lee Whitney Dies; Janice Rand Of ‘Star Trek’ Was 85
- ‘Last Man On Earth’ Finale: EPs Phil Lord & Christopher Miller Tease “Awesome” Season 2 & Post-Apocalyptic…
- #MayPac A Goldmine For HBO/Showtime, But Pirate Feeds Made Out Like Bandits
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Slip In Return With Host Scarlett Johansson