EXCLUSIVE: Hung writer-producer Brett C. Leonard has been tapped to write a new script for Taxi-22, HBO’s adaptation of the hit French Canadian series, which is being produced by James Gandolfini’s Attaboy Prods. Taxi-22, developed as a potential starring vehicle for Gandolfini, centers on a politically incorrect cab driver in NYC struggling to keep his life together. Gandolfini, Leonard, Dennis Erdman, Clark Peterson, Nancy Sanders and Mark Armstrong are executive producing. Leonard is the third writer assigned with adapting the French Canadian original created by Patrick Huard and Francois Flamand and starring Huard. He succeeds Kenneth Lonergan and Dave Flebotte who wrote previous versions. Writer-playwright Leonard, repped by UTA, serves as producer on HBO’s dark comedy Hung. His play The Long Red Road was recently staged at Chicago’s Owen Theatre with Philip Seymour Hoffman directing. Gandolfini is with CAA.
Brett Leonard To Write Comedy Project 'Taxi-22' For HBO And James Gandolfini
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Reynolds' Maximum Effort Makes 3-Year Fox Deal; First Up Is 'Clue' With 'Deadpool' Scribes Reese & Wernick
'What We Do In The Shadows' TV Series Reboot From Jemaine Clement & Taika Waititi Gets FX Pilot Order, Sets Cast
'The Resident' Writer Zachary Lutsky Under Review In Light Of Past Sexual Harassment Allegations On 'Code Black'
Imagine Dragons Frontman Dan Reynolds Takes On Mormon Church Policy With HBO Doc 'Believer' — Sundance Studio
Latest TV News
- Michael Wolff To Trevor Noah On Donald Trump: “Yeah, He’s Stupid”
- ITN Productions Eyes U.S. Expansion, Preps California ‘House Of Horrors’, Meghan Markle And Trump Docs
- Fox-Sky Deal: UK Authority Says “Not In The Public Interest”; Hints Disney Could Help
- Amy Sherman-Palladino Tells Women Stage Directors ‘Broadway Is Heaven’ – But Some Demur
- Genie Francis, ‘General Hospital’s Laura, Bumped Down To Recurring Status On ABC Soap
- ‘History Of Them’: Lisa Vidal, Felix Solis & Amit Shah Join Cast As Multi-Cultural Comedy Gets Formal Pilot Order…