EXCLUSIVE: Hung writer-producer Brett C. Leonard has been tapped to write a new script for Taxi-22, HBO’s adaptation of the hit French Canadian series, which is being produced by James Gandolfini’s Attaboy Prods. Taxi-22, developed as a potential starring vehicle for Gandolfini, centers on a politically incorrect cab driver in NYC struggling to keep his life together. Gandolfini, Leonard, Dennis Erdman, Clark Peterson, Nancy Sanders and Mark Armstrong are executive producing. Leonard is the third writer assigned with adapting the French Canadian original created by Patrick Huard and Francois Flamand and starring Huard. He succeeds Kenneth Lonergan and Dave Flebotte who wrote previous versions. Writer-playwright Leonard, repped by UTA, serves as producer on HBO’s dark comedy Hung. His play The Long Red Road was recently staged at Chicago’s Owen Theatre with Philip Seymour Hoffman directing. Gandolfini is with CAA.
Brett Leonard To Write Comedy Project 'Taxi-22' For HBO And James Gandolfini
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Jackson Confirms Ashley Judd & Mira Sorvino Claims Harvey Weinstein Blacklisted Them From 'LOTR'
Latest TV News
- “Hello, Clarice” – Jodie Foster Visits Stephen Colbert For Special Probe Into Lecter Ties To Trump
- ‘Exorcist’ EPs Talk Tonight’s Finale, Possible Season 3 & Disney/Fox Deal
- ‘The Trade’: Morgan Spurlock Dropped As Executive Producer Of Showtime’s Sundance-Bound Docu Series
- Filming On TNT Unscripted Series ‘Who Rules The World’ Suspended As Producers Sever Ties With Morgan Spurlock
- Liz Mahoney, Megan Moss Pachon, Bryna Rifkin & Heidi Lopata Form New PR Shingle Narrative
- ‘Watergate’ Limited Series From George Clooney & Matt Charman In Works At Netflix