The studio had already said in October that it wants to refinance much of the debt taken on last December when investor Ron Tutor, and Tom Barrack’s Colony Capital, paid Disney $660M for Miramax. We just didn’t know how much it wanted to raise and where the cash would go. But Bloomberg says that two people “with knowledge of the situation” have disclosed that Miramax plans to sell asset-backed bonds that will enable the company to take advantage of today’s low interest rates and assume more debt. It also would be used to partly repay the investors. They initially put in $408M, now down to $308M, and would continue to keep $100M at Miramax. Colony would benefit from a $142M dividend. Miramax’s collateral would include its 700 films and 14 television series as well as rights to books and development projects. The company has been busily cutting digital licensing deals, including one this week with Netflix to stream movies in the UK and Ireland. Bloomberg says that Barclays Capital and Jefferies Group are managing the bond sale.
Miramax Raising $550M With $142M For Dividend To Colony Capital: Bloomberg
What's Hot on Deadline
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
'American Horror Story' At Paley Fest: Is Sarah Paulson's Supreme 'Coven' Character Returning In Season 7?
Family-Branded Films On Fire: 'Beauty And The Beast' Headed To $90M+; 'Power Rangers' Mighty With $40M+
'Westworld' Team On The Series' Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution - PaleyFest
Latest Film News
- ‘Beauty And The Beast’ Nears $700M WW; ‘Kong’ Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore – International…
- Family-Branded Films On Fire: ‘Beauty And The Beast’ Headed To $90M+; ‘Power Rangers’ Mighty…
- Jazz Doc 'I Called Him Morgan' Hits Solid Note; 'Wilson' Walks Slow – Specialty B.O.
- ‘Sing’ Gives Voice To $600M At Worldwide Box Office
- Dan Aykroyd, Griffin Dunne Remember Carrie & Debbie, “Beloved Showboats”
- Watch Public Memorial For Debbie Reynolds & Carrie Fisher Livestreamed Here – Update