The Art Directors Guild said today it will bestow its honorary Outstanding Contribution to Cinematic Imagery Award to the creative team behind the Harry Potter films during the 16th annual Excellence in Production Design Awards, set for February 4 at the Beverly Hilton. It’s the first time a movie franchise has been selected for the honor, which in the past has gone to Warren Beatty, Clint Eastwood, Blake Edwards, Terry Gilliam, Ray Harryhausen, John Lasseter, George Lucas, Frank Oz, Steven Spielberg and Zhang Yimou among others. The Potter team includes producers David Heyman and David Barron, director David Yates, creator and author J.K. Rowling, screenwriter Steve Kloves, production designer Stuart Craig, art director Neil Lamont, and set decorator Stephenie McMillan. Nominations for the ADG Awards will be announced January 4.
Art Directors To Honor 'Harry Potter' Creative Team
What's Hot on Deadline
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
Latest Awardsline News
- ‘Darkest Hour’s Gary Oldman Joins Director Joe Wright And Tells Why He Almost Turned Down The Role Of Churchill – The Contenders…
- ‘Downsizing’ Golden Globe Nominee Hong Chau Tells How She Got The Role Of A Lifetime – The Contenders Video
- Oscars: Ten Live-Action Shorts Advance In Voting Process
- ‘Logan’ Director James Mangold: If Fox Film Fades Out Post-Merger, “That Would Be Sad To Me”
- Margot Robbie On What Projects Are Next & How ‘I, Tonya’ Speaks To Today’s World – Golden Globes…
- ‘This Is Us’ Creator Dan Fogelman Teases Second Half Of Season 2: Aftermath Of Kevin’s DUI, Adoption & More