The Art Directors Guild said today it will bestow its honorary Outstanding Contribution to Cinematic Imagery Award to the creative team behind the Harry Potter films during the 16th annual Excellence in Production Design Awards, set for February 4 at the Beverly Hilton. It’s the first time a movie franchise has been selected for the honor, which in the past has gone to Warren Beatty, Clint Eastwood, Blake Edwards, Terry Gilliam, Ray Harryhausen, John Lasseter, George Lucas, Frank Oz, Steven Spielberg and Zhang Yimou among others. The Potter team includes producers David Heyman and David Barron, director David Yates, creator and author J.K. Rowling, screenwriter Steve Kloves, production designer Stuart Craig, art director Neil Lamont, and set decorator Stephenie McMillan. Nominations for the ADG Awards will be announced January 4.
Art Directors To Honor 'Harry Potter' Creative Team
What's Hot on Deadline
'Show Dogs' Getting Re-Cut By Global Road In Response To Concerns Over Inappropriate Sex Abuse Message
'Outlander's Sam Heughan Joins Vin Diesel In Sony's 'Bloodshot'; Eiza Gonzalez, Michael Sheen Also Aboard
ABC Answers Michael Jackson Estate's Claim That Network Didn't Secure Rights For Special On Late Singer - Update
'Game Of Thrones' Maestro George R.R. Martin Gets In Business With Warner Bros. Animation: Studio To Adapt Author's 'The Ice Dragon'
Latest Awardsline News
- Dolby Laboratories To Receive American Cinematheque Exhibition Honor
- Make Up Artists & Hair Styling Guild Sets 2019 Awards Date & Timeline
- ‘The Alienist’ Cinematographer P.J. Dillon Captures The Elegance & The Seedy Underbelly Of Gilded Age…
- Christina Hendricks Eyes Directing Move After Success Of Edgy Crime Drama ‘Good Girls’
- Laura Dern On The “Restorative Justice” Of Jennifer Fox’s ‘The Tale’ In The Time’s Up Era — Awardsline…
- Obie Awards Complete Winners List: Rajiv Joseph’s ‘Describe The Night’ Among Honorees