The Art Directors Guild said today it will bestow its honorary Outstanding Contribution to Cinematic Imagery Award to the creative team behind the Harry Potter films during the 16th annual Excellence in Production Design Awards, set for February 4 at the Beverly Hilton. It’s the first time a movie franchise has been selected for the honor, which in the past has gone to Warren Beatty, Clint Eastwood, Blake Edwards, Terry Gilliam, Ray Harryhausen, John Lasseter, George Lucas, Frank Oz, Steven Spielberg and Zhang Yimou among others. The Potter team includes producers David Heyman and David Barron, director David Yates, creator and author J.K. Rowling, screenwriter Steve Kloves, production designer Stuart Craig, art director Neil Lamont, and set decorator Stephenie McMillan. Nominations for the ADG Awards will be announced January 4.
Art Directors To Honor 'Harry Potter' Creative Team
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office: 'If I Stay' Best Of Lifeless Bunch As 'Sin City 2' Tanks, 'Game' Tries To Find Footing And 'Guardians' No. 1
More From Team
- Holliday Grainger Toplines 'Lady Chatterley's Lover' For BBC One; Levi Meadon Joins Syfy's 'Olympus'
- SAG-AFTRA Members Ratify TV/Theatrical Contract
- Hot TV Clip: 'The Unauthorized Saved By The Bell Story'
- Repped By SAG-AFTRA, KPCC Gets First Union Contract
- 'MythBusters' Chops Three To Take Show Back To Its Roots
- Alicia Witt Signs With Innovative Artists & The Schiff Company