Anchor Bay has acquired North American distribution rights to Touchback, the Don Handfield-directed gridiron drama that stars Kurt Russell, Brian Presley, Melanie Lynskey, Christine Lahti, Drew Powell, Kevin Covais and Marc Blucas. The plan is to release the film next year. Presley stars as a struggling farmer and former football hero who laments scoring the winning touchdown in the Ohio State High School Championship game years ago, because he injured his knee and was robbed of a pro career. He goes back in time to the week before the game and struggles over whether to call a different play, and whether he should marry his shigh school sweetheart. Handfield wrote the script, and Freedom Films’ Brian Presley, Kevin Matusow and Carissa Buffel produced. Anchor Bay’s Kevin Kasha brokered the deal with Gersh’s Jay Cohen. Hannibal Classics is handling foreign sales.
Anchor Bay Acquires Kurt Russell-Starrer 'Touchback'
Trending Now on Deadline
'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
More From Fleming Jr
- Chiwetel Ejiofor Lands On 'The Martian'
- Electric Entertainment To Co-Fi Anthony Hopkins Pic 'Go With Me'
- Jacki Weaver Joins James Franco's 'Zeroville'
- Martin Scorsese & Amir Bar-Lev Truckin' On Grateful Dead Documentary Film
- TWC Acquires April Prosser Script 'Plus One'
- Brad Pitt Squirms 'Between Two Ferns': Video