Anchor Bay has acquired North American distribution rights to Touchback, the Don Handfield-directed gridiron drama that stars Kurt Russell, Brian Presley, Melanie Lynskey, Christine Lahti, Drew Powell, Kevin Covais and Marc Blucas. The plan is to release the film next year. Presley stars as a struggling farmer and former football hero who laments scoring the winning touchdown in the Ohio State High School Championship game years ago, because he injured his knee and was robbed of a pro career. He goes back in time to the week before the game and struggles over whether to call a different play, and whether he should marry his shigh school sweetheart. Handfield wrote the script, and Freedom Films’ Brian Presley, Kevin Matusow and Carissa Buffel produced. Anchor Bay’s Kevin Kasha brokered the deal with Gersh’s Jay Cohen. Hannibal Classics is handling foreign sales.
Anchor Bay Acquires Kurt Russell-Starrer 'Touchback'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Power Rangers', 'CHIPS' & A Deep-Space Alien Won't Take This 'Beauty And The Beast' Down - Weekend Box Office Preview
Latest Film News
- Relativity Scores Rare Legal Win As Netflix Ordered To Pay Lawyer Fees
- ‘He Will Not Divide Us’: Shia LaBeouf, Luke Turner & Nastja Säde Rönkkö's Anti-Trump Project…
- Emmy Winner Kyle Chandler Joins New Line’s ‘Game Night’
- Mike Epps Reteams With Bruce Willis As ‘Acts Of Violence’ Sets Cast
- Graphic Novel ‘The Pro’ Hooks Movie Deal At Paramount
- No. 15 ‘Hidden Figures’ Box Office Profits – 2016 Most Valuable Movie Blockbuster Tournament