Anchor Bay has acquired North American distribution rights to Touchback, the Don Handfield-directed gridiron drama that stars Kurt Russell, Brian Presley, Melanie Lynskey, Christine Lahti, Drew Powell, Kevin Covais and Marc Blucas. The plan is to release the film next year. Presley stars as a struggling farmer and former football hero who laments scoring the winning touchdown in the Ohio State High School Championship game years ago, because he injured his knee and was robbed of a pro career. He goes back in time to the week before the game and struggles over whether to call a different play, and whether he should marry his shigh school sweetheart. Handfield wrote the script, and Freedom Films’ Brian Presley, Kevin Matusow and Carissa Buffel produced. Anchor Bay’s Kevin Kasha brokered the deal with Gersh’s Jay Cohen. Hannibal Classics is handling foreign sales.
Anchor Bay Acquires Kurt Russell-Starrer 'Touchback'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Coco' Mints $12M+ Wednesday & Fights 'Justice League' For No. 1 At Thanksgiving Box Office With $68M
'Chicago P.D.'s Jason Beghe Investigated By NBC For "Inappropriate Behavior" Amid Sexual Harassment Claims
Latest Film News
- ‘The Death Of Stalin’ Wins Three British Independent Film Awards
- Uma Thurman Exits CAA
- Jillian Bell To Star In ‘Brittany Runs A Marathon’; Michaela Watkins, Utkarsh Ambudkar & Lil Rel Howery…
- ‘Man Who Invented Christmas’ Review: Dan Stevens & Christopher Plummer Turn Scrooge Origin Tale Into A…
- 'Darkest Hour', 'Call Me By Your Name', ‘Man Who Invented Christmas’ Usher Holiday – Specialty B.O. Preview
- ‘Molly’s Game’s Jessica Chastain & Idris Elba On Working With Aaron Sorkin In His Directorial Debut – The…