EXCLUSIVE: After hitting gold with horror series The Walking Dead, AMC is looking to expand its genre portfolio with a sci-fi drama. The cable network has bought Thunderstruck, an hourlong UFO project from feature writing/directing duo Paul Boardman and Scott Derrickson and former Battlestar Galactica executive producer David Eick. Boardman and Derrickson will write the drama, about powerful and enigmatic entities that begin appearing all over the world. After one shows up in the town of Great Falls, Montana, the local citizens must grapple with the dramatic effects and growing mystery of repeated visitations. Boardman and Derrickson will executive produce Thunderstruck with Eick. Derrickson is set to direct. This marks the first major foray into television for Boardman & Derrickson, who wrote The Exorcism Of Emily Rose, with Derrickson directing. The duo are writing Zwart Water for Derrickson to direct, with Charlize Theron attached to star and produce. Eick is co-writing two high-profile series projects with Guillermo Del Toro – Hulk at ABC, based on the Marvel character, and Inhuman at HBO. Boardman, Derrickson and Eick are with WME.
AMC Buys Sci-Fi Drama From Paul Boardman, Scott Derrickson & David Eick
What's Hot on Deadline
No Obama Bounce For DNC Day 3 Ratings As They Fall Behind RNC, 'Wayward Pines' Finale Down From 2015
Latest TV News
- John Cena’s ‘American Grit’ Renewed For Second Season By Fox
- Vice President Joe Biden To Guest Star On ‘Law & Order: SVU’
- ‘Mercy Street’: First Look At Season 2 Of PBS’ Civil War Drama
- Donald Trump & RNC Top Hillary Clinton & Final Night Of DNC In Viewers
- Seth Meyers To Donald Trump: “You’re Broke!”
- ‘Scream Queens’ Season 2 Promo: Will These Med Students Bother To Learn About Anesthesia?