EXCLUSIVE: After hitting gold with horror series The Walking Dead, AMC is looking to expand its genre portfolio with a sci-fi drama. The cable network has bought Thunderstruck, an hourlong UFO project from feature writing/directing duo Paul Boardman and Scott Derrickson and former Battlestar Galactica executive producer David Eick. Boardman and Derrickson will write the drama, about powerful and enigmatic entities that begin appearing all over the world. After one shows up in the town of Great Falls, Montana, the local citizens must grapple with the dramatic effects and growing mystery of repeated visitations. Boardman and Derrickson will executive produce Thunderstruck with Eick. Derrickson is set to direct. This marks the first major foray into television for Boardman & Derrickson, who wrote The Exorcism Of Emily Rose, with Derrickson directing. The duo are writing Zwart Water for Derrickson to direct, with Charlize Theron attached to star and produce. Eick is co-writing two high-profile series projects with Guillermo Del Toro – Hulk at ABC, based on the Marvel character, and Inhuman at HBO. Boardman, Derrickson and Eick are with WME.
AMC Buys Sci-Fi Drama From Paul Boardman, Scott Derrickson & David Eick
What's Hot on Deadline
Bryan Cranston & David Shore's ‘Sneaky Pete’ Civil Rights Crime Drama From Rene Balcer Get CBS Pilot Orders
More From Andreeva
- Bryan Cranston & David Shore’s 'Sneaky Pete' Civil Rights Crime Drama From Rene Balcer Get CBS Pilot Orders
- Johnny Knoxville, Jermaine Fowler Projects, NBA Buddy Show Among 7 ABC Comedy Pilot Orders
- ABC Picks Up 4 Drama Pilots
- Busy Philipps Joins HBO Comedy Series 'Vice Principals'
- Medical Drama ‘LFE’ Gets CBS Pilot Order
- Idina Menzel To Star In ‘Happy Time’ Comedy Produced By Ellen DeGeneres