The tablet wars are intensifying as the holiday shopping season approaches: Amazon kicked things up today by announcing that Kindle Fire customers will only have to fill out one form to register for multiple media services including Netflix, Rhapsody, Pandora, Facebook, and The Weather Channel — and games from companies such as Zynga, EA, Gameloft, PopCap, and Rovio. What’s more, people who go through Amazon to buy the apps for their tablet will also be able to access them on other Android devices including mobile phones. The company will start to ship Kindle Fire tablets on November 15. The announcement follows Barnes & Noble’s announcement on Monday that it’s new Nook Tablet will include apps for Netflix, Hulu Plus, and Pandora.
Amazon Unveils Media Apps For Kindle Fire
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Fall Festival Verdict: Who's In, Who's Out As The 2014 Oscar Race Gets Its First Real Shot Of Adrenaline
More From Lieberman
- Apple's Tim Cook Says TV Is Still “Stuck Back In The '70s”: Video
- Los Angeles Daily News Owner Digital First Media Looks For Buyers After Web Initiatives Founder
- DirecTV Chief Says Hispanic Online TV Service To Launch By Year End
- Rupert Murdoch Scores Victory As European Commission Approves BSkyB Plan To Create A Satellite Colossus
- Starz CEO Says Cable Operators Can Benefit By Offering Premium Channels Outside The Pay TV Bundle
- Chase Carey: Fox Is Really, Really Over Time Warner. Really.