Amanda Seyfried, currently in theaters in Andrew Niccol’s In Time, has been cast as Linda Lovelace in Rob Epstein and Jeffrey Friedman’s movie about the infamous porn star, Lovelace. Peter Sarsgaard is in negotiations to play her husband Chuck Traynor, the pornographer who coaxed her into becoming an adult film actress. Lovelace went on to appear in Deep Throat, one of the most famous and all-time highest-grossing independent movies. She subsequently quit porn and divorced Traynor. The script is by Andy Bellin and W. Merritt Johnson, based on the book The Complete Linda Lovelace by Eric Danville. Partners on the project are Millennium Films, Eclectic Pictures and Untitled Entertainment. Eclectic’s Heidi Jo Markel, Animus Films’ Jim Young and Untitled’s Laura Rister and Jason Weinberg are producing. Millennium’s Avi Lerner is exec producing. Actors previously attached to star were James Franco, who starred in Epstein and Friedman’s Howl, and Kate Hudson before she became pregnant. Filming on Lovelace is expected to start in January.
Amanda Seyfried Cast As Linda Lovelace
What's Hot on Deadline
Veterans 'Elementary', '2 Broke Girls', 'Criminal Minds' & 'Amazing Race' Among Series Left In Limbo After CBS Renewals
CBS Renews 5 Freshman & 11 Returning Series, Including 'MacGyver', 'Superior Donuts', 'Life In Pieces' & 'Hawaii Five-0'
Latest Film News
- Jake Gyllenhaal & Daniel Espinoza Reteaming For ‘The Anarchists Vs. ISIS’
- ‘Wakefield’ Acquired By IFC Films For May Release
- Fox Searchlight Lands Robert Redford & Casey Affleck Starrer ‘The Old Man And The Gun’
- Producer Dylan Clark Joining Matt Reeves On ‘Batman’?
- Kristen Wiig In Negotiations To Star In ‘Where’d You Go Bernadette?’
- Damien Chazelle, Jordan Peele & Oprah Winfrey On Produced By Conference Roster