After an 11-year stint at the American Federation of Television and Radio Artists, the actors union’s top PR executive, National Director of Communication Christopher de Haan, is leaving to join entertainment PR firm 42West an executive in the Strategic Communications division. There, de Haan is expected to still work with AFTRA, which has been a client of 42West since 2007. De Haan’s last day will be Dec. 16, and AFTRA will likely name his successor next month. The move comes as the two actors unions, SAG and AFTRA, continue merger talks. De Haan first joined AFTRA in early 2001 as National Assistant in the Entertainment, Commercials, Non-Broadcast/Industrial, and Interactive Media departments. He later served as National Manager of Communications and was upped to National Director in 2008.
AFTRA's Head PR Leaves To Join 42West
What's Hot on Deadline
Meghan McCain Discovers Donald Trump Lies, Blasting Her Cancer-Stricken Father At CPAC After Promising To Stop
Disney Channel Launching Toon Series 'Amphibia' & 'The Owl House', Renews 'Star Vs. The Forces Of Evil' For Season 4
Eli Broad Joins Oprah Winfrey, Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donations To End Gun Violence: Who's Next?
Latest TV News
- Anthony Hemingway To Direct CBS Drama Pilot ‘Murder’
- NBC Tweaks Thursday Night Schedule: ‘A.P. Bio’ Moves To Earlier Timeslot
- ‘Paterno’ Trailer: Al Pacino Confronts Reality In HBO Movie
- NRA’s Dana Loesch Calmly Left CNN Town Hall As Attendees Chanted “Shame On You”: VIDEO
- Nanette Fabray Dies: Stage And TV Comic Actress Was 97
- Four Broward Officers Took Cover Outside Florida School As Gunman Killed 17 – Report