After an 11-year stint at the American Federation of Television and Radio Artists, the actors union’s top PR executive, National Director of Communication Christopher de Haan, is leaving to join entertainment PR firm 42West an executive in the Strategic Communications division. There, de Haan is expected to still work with AFTRA, which has been a client of 42West since 2007. De Haan’s last day will be Dec. 16, and AFTRA will likely name his successor next month. The move comes as the two actors unions, SAG and AFTRA, continue merger talks. De Haan first joined AFTRA in early 2001 as National Assistant in the Entertainment, Commercials, Non-Broadcast/Industrial, and Interactive Media departments. He later served as National Manager of Communications and was upped to National Director in 2008.
AFTRA's Head PR Leaves To Join 42West
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘The Simpsons’: Donald Trump Gets A Thank-You From Richard Nixon’s Ghost
- Viacom’s Great Program Migration: Guide To Which Show Moved Where
- MSNBC President Phil Griffin Signs New Deal; Whither Goest Lawrence O’Donnell?
- ‘The 100’ Ups Tasya Teles To Regular; ‘Supergirl’s Floriana Lima To Return As Recurring
- ‘Twin Peaks’ Premiere Gets Modest Live+3 Bump; Strong Streaming Lift
- ‘House Of Cards’ Season 5 Review: Kevin Spacey & Robin Wright Swagger Back