After an 11-year stint at the American Federation of Television and Radio Artists, the actors union’s top PR executive, National Director of Communication Christopher de Haan, is leaving to join entertainment PR firm 42West an executive in the Strategic Communications division. There, de Haan is expected to still work with AFTRA, which has been a client of 42West since 2007. De Haan’s last day will be Dec. 16, and AFTRA will likely name his successor next month. The move comes as the two actors unions, SAG and AFTRA, continue merger talks. De Haan first joined AFTRA in early 2001 as National Assistant in the Entertainment, Commercials, Non-Broadcast/Industrial, and Interactive Media departments. He later served as National Manager of Communications and was upped to National Director in 2008.
AFTRA's Head PR Leaves To Join 42West
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'