After an 11-year stint at the American Federation of Television and Radio Artists, the actors union’s top PR executive, National Director of Communication Christopher de Haan, is leaving to join entertainment PR firm 42West an executive in the Strategic Communications division. There, de Haan is expected to still work with AFTRA, which has been a client of 42West since 2007. De Haan’s last day will be Dec. 16, and AFTRA will likely name his successor next month. The move comes as the two actors unions, SAG and AFTRA, continue merger talks. De Haan first joined AFTRA in early 2001 as National Assistant in the Entertainment, Commercials, Non-Broadcast/Industrial, and Interactive Media departments. He later served as National Manager of Communications and was upped to National Director in 2008.
AFTRA's Head PR Leaves To Join 42West
Trending Now on Deadline
'Midnight Rider' Trial Date Set For Indicted Filmmakers; 1st Assistant Director Hillary Schwartz Turns Herself In
More From Andreeva
- NBC Buys Legal Drama From Matt Lopez & John Glenn
- Julianna Margulies Inks Production Deal With CBS Studios
- 'Hand Of God' To Go To Series, Two Others Likely As Amazon Studios Starts Making Series Pickup Decisions
- ABC Nabs 1970s Female Cop Drama From Fake Empire & Kapital Entertainment As Put Pilot
- 'Rush Hour' To Be Remade As Action Series From Bill Lawrence & Brett Ratner
- Yvonne Strahovski To Co-Star In ABC's 'Astronaut Wives Club'