Universal Pictures International Entertainment has picked up rights to Content Film’s Hard Boiled Sweets for the UK, Australia, New Zealand, Benelux and Scandinavia, the companies announced Friday. Written and directed by David L. G. Hughes, Sweets is a crime thriller starring Scot Williams (The Crew), Paul Freeman (Raiders of the Lost Ark, The Long Good Friday, Hot Fuzz), Peter Wight (Another Year, Hot Fuzz), Ian Hart (Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone, Finding Neverland, Michael Collins), Elizabeth Berrington (In Bruges, Secrets and Lies), Laura Greenwood (The Brothers Grimm) andPhilip Barantini (Band of Brothers, Ned Kelly). Inspired by Hughes’ short story A Girl With a Gun, the movie centers on an ex-con named Johnny is coerced into taking part in a heist that he wants no part of. What he doesn’t know is that a bunch of other hoods also have designs on the million in cash stashed at a mobster’s home. The deal was negotiated by Harry White, head of sales at Content, and Jasper van Hecke, international acquisitions manager at UPIE.
AFM: Universal International Takes Content's 'Hard Boiled Sweets'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: 2nd Best Sunday $60M+; 3-Day $201M+; 4-Day To Shred 'Jurassic World' & Possibly 'Last Jedi'
Olympic Curling Medalist From Russia Busted For Doping; Wardrobe Malfunction Leaves French Ice Dancer Exposed
Roy Wood Jr. To Star In Parole Officer Comedy From Trevor Noah & Aaron McGruder In Works At Comedy Central
Latest Film News
- ‘Black Panther’: Hollywood Cannot Stop Praising The Groundbreaking Marvel Blockbuster
- Oscars Street Closures: When & Where To Expect Detours, Delays
- SAG-AFTRA Closes “Wigging” Probe, Says It “Remains Committed” To Ending Practice Of Men Doubling…
- Activist Organization Hosts Voter Registration Events At ‘Black Panther’ Screenings
- Blue Fox Hires Myriad Pictures’ Audrey Delaney As Marketing & Distribution SVP – Berlin
- José Padilha Lifts The Lid On ‘7 Days In Entebbe’ – Berlin