Universal Pictures International Entertainment has picked up rights to Content Film’s Hard Boiled Sweets for the UK, Australia, New Zealand, Benelux and Scandinavia, the companies announced Friday. Written and directed by David L. G. Hughes, Sweets is a crime thriller starring Scot Williams (The Crew), Paul Freeman (Raiders of the Lost Ark, The Long Good Friday, Hot Fuzz), Peter Wight (Another Year, Hot Fuzz), Ian Hart (Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone, Finding Neverland, Michael Collins), Elizabeth Berrington (In Bruges, Secrets and Lies), Laura Greenwood (The Brothers Grimm) andPhilip Barantini (Band of Brothers, Ned Kelly). Inspired by Hughes’ short story A Girl With a Gun, the movie centers on an ex-con named Johnny is coerced into taking part in a heist that he wants no part of. What he doesn’t know is that a bunch of other hoods also have designs on the million in cash stashed at a mobster’s home. The deal was negotiated by Harry White, head of sales at Content, and Jasper van Hecke, international acquisitions manager at UPIE.
AFM: Universal International Takes Content's 'Hard Boiled Sweets'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Crazy Ex-Girlfriend' Off To Low Ratings Start, 'Jane The Virgin' Slips In Return, 'Blindspot' Ticks Up
'The Arcana Chronicles' Books To Get TV Series Adaptation By Warner Bros. With Adam Shankman Producing
Latest Film News
- Lee Daniels, Megan Ellison, Rob Marshall To Be Feted At SAG Foundation 30th Anniversary Gala
- Eugene Cordero Heads To ‘Kong: Skull Island’; Amiah Miller Joins ‘War For The Planet Of The Apes’
- Jennifer Lawrence Schedule Rethink? Exits ‘Rosie Project’, In Talks For Darren Aronofsky Indie
- Deadline’s THE CONTENDERS Set For November 7 At DGA Theatre – Must-Stop For Oscar Hopefuls
- Jackie Earle Haley Signs With Gersh
- Kate Winslet Attaches To Play WWII Correspondent Lee Miller