Universal Pictures International Entertainment has picked up rights to Content Film’s Hard Boiled Sweets for the UK, Australia, New Zealand, Benelux and Scandinavia, the companies announced Friday. Written and directed by David L. G. Hughes, Sweets is a crime thriller starring Scot Williams (The Crew), Paul Freeman (Raiders of the Lost Ark, The Long Good Friday, Hot Fuzz), Peter Wight (Another Year, Hot Fuzz), Ian Hart (Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone, Finding Neverland, Michael Collins), Elizabeth Berrington (In Bruges, Secrets and Lies), Laura Greenwood (The Brothers Grimm) andPhilip Barantini (Band of Brothers, Ned Kelly). Inspired by Hughes’ short story A Girl With a Gun, the movie centers on an ex-con named Johnny is coerced into taking part in a heist that he wants no part of. What he doesn’t know is that a bunch of other hoods also have designs on the million in cash stashed at a mobster’s home. The deal was negotiated by Harry White, head of sales at Content, and Jasper van Hecke, international acquisitions manager at UPIE.
AFM: Universal International Takes Content's 'Hard Boiled Sweets'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- OddLot Bags Spec ‘Septillion To One’
- ‘Power Of The Dog’ Author Don Winslow Firms Sequel Book And Movie Plans
- Matt Lanter Boards ‘USS Indianapolis’ With Nicholas Cage; Two More Jump In ‘The Lake’
- Bill Block Slams “Ridiculous” QED Infringement Lawsuit
- ‘The Gift’ Trailer: Joel Edgerton’s Directing Debut Might Make You Rethink Nostalgia
- Ben Platt Joins Cast Of Ang Lee’s ‘Billy Flynn’s Long Halftime Walk’