Universal Pictures International Entertainment has picked up rights to Content Film’s Hard Boiled Sweets for the UK, Australia, New Zealand, Benelux and Scandinavia, the companies announced Friday. Written and directed by David L. G. Hughes, Sweets is a crime thriller starring Scot Williams (The Crew), Paul Freeman (Raiders of the Lost Ark, The Long Good Friday, Hot Fuzz), Peter Wight (Another Year, Hot Fuzz), Ian Hart (Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone, Finding Neverland, Michael Collins), Elizabeth Berrington (In Bruges, Secrets and Lies), Laura Greenwood (The Brothers Grimm) andPhilip Barantini (Band of Brothers, Ned Kelly). Inspired by Hughes’ short story A Girl With a Gun, the movie centers on an ex-con named Johnny is coerced into taking part in a heist that he wants no part of. What he doesn’t know is that a bunch of other hoods also have designs on the million in cash stashed at a mobster’s home. The deal was negotiated by Harry White, head of sales at Content, and Jasper van Hecke, international acquisitions manager at UPIE.
AFM: Universal International Takes Content's 'Hard Boiled Sweets'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Captain America: Civil War' Grabs $200.4M In Debut; 'Jungle Book' A Beast, And With 'Zootopia' Disney Has $1.24B From Three Titles - Int'l Box Office Final
Larry Wilmore Savages Media, Ignites Controversy During White House Correspondents' Dinner Skewering
Latest Film News
- ‘Bad Moms’ Trailer: Team Mila Kunis Vs. Christina Applegate In Maternal Death Match
- Studio 54 Docu In Works From ‘Valentino’ Helmer & ‘Listen To Me Marlon’ Producer
- Blumhouse.com Launching Podcast Network With ‘Shock Waves’ From ‘Killer POV’ Team
- Sony’s Stage 6 Films Acquires Worldwide Rights To Vera Farmiga-Christopher Plummer Road Trip Pic ‘Boundaries’
- ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Review: It’s Chris Evans Vs. Robert Downey Jr As Avengers Take Sides
- Bart & Fleming: Bradley Cooper & Lady Gaga Road Test ‘A Star Is Born’ Team-Up