Universal Pictures International Entertainment has picked up rights to Content Film’s Hard Boiled Sweets for the UK, Australia, New Zealand, Benelux and Scandinavia, the companies announced Friday. Written and directed by David L. G. Hughes, Sweets is a crime thriller starring Scot Williams (The Crew), Paul Freeman (Raiders of the Lost Ark, The Long Good Friday, Hot Fuzz), Peter Wight (Another Year, Hot Fuzz), Ian Hart (Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone, Finding Neverland, Michael Collins), Elizabeth Berrington (In Bruges, Secrets and Lies), Laura Greenwood (The Brothers Grimm) andPhilip Barantini (Band of Brothers, Ned Kelly). Inspired by Hughes’ short story A Girl With a Gun, the movie centers on an ex-con named Johnny is coerced into taking part in a heist that he wants no part of. What he doesn’t know is that a bunch of other hoods also have designs on the million in cash stashed at a mobster’s home. The deal was negotiated by Harry White, head of sales at Content, and Jasper van Hecke, international acquisitions manager at UPIE.
AFM: Universal International Takes Content's 'Hard Boiled Sweets'
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'Younger' Trailer: Darren Star's TV Land Comedy To Premiere In January
- Sony Pictures Television's Diverse Directors Program Announces 2014 Fellows
- 'Good Morning America' Wins Third Consecutive Premiere Week In Ratings
- SoftBank Invests $250M In Legendary Entertainment
- Stephen Colbert: “Bill O'Reilly Is A F—–g Egomaniac”: VIDEO
- Bill O'Reilly And David Letterman Take Compatibility Test: Video