EXCLUSIVE: Killer Films’ Christine Vachon and Pam Koffler are teaming with Margin Call producers Zachary Quinto, Neal Dodson and Corey Moosa’s Before The Door banner on Imperial Palace, a love story written and to be directed by Victor Quinaz. The film will begin casting shortly for a spring production start. The film takes place six hours after Hurricane Katrina hits the gulf, as the jaded manager of a Biloxi casino tries to juggle the chaos when FEMA sets up headquarters at his establishment. That brings him in proximity to an old flame. Said Quinto: “We are thrilled to take the momentum of Margin Call and our experience working with Victor on his first film to move into a second feature with him. He’s a truly original talent, and Imperial Palace is a perfect example of his unique, commercial voice.” Quinaz just wrapped his debut feature, Untitled Ensemble Comedy, which he directed and cowrote with Anne Martemucci and Philip Quinaz. They plan to launch the film at festivals next year. Quinaz is repped by Anonymous Content.
AFM: Killer Films And 'Margin Call' Producers Launch 'Imperial Palace'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Viral ‘Toy Story’ Origin Tale Debunked By Pixar Exec: No Polio For Andy’s Dad
- ‘Transformers: The Last Knight’ Rises To $93M In China – International Box Office
- ‘Transformers’ Still Rusty At $63M+; ‘Wonder Woman’ Soars Past $300M – Saturday AM Update
- Mad Max In Barstow? Man Channeling The Action Character Arrested For Illegal Weapons
- Bradley Cooper Films ‘A Star Is Born’ Scene At Glastonbury; Johnny Depp Makes Encore Appearance
- DGA To Elect New President Saturday At Convention