EXCLUSIVE: Killer Films’ Christine Vachon and Pam Koffler are teaming with Margin Call producers Zachary Quinto, Neal Dodson and Corey Moosa’s Before The Door banner on Imperial Palace, a love story written and to be directed by Victor Quinaz. The film will begin casting shortly for a spring production start. The film takes place six hours after Hurricane Katrina hits the gulf, as the jaded manager of a Biloxi casino tries to juggle the chaos when FEMA sets up headquarters at his establishment. That brings him in proximity to an old flame. Said Quinto: “We are thrilled to take the momentum of Margin Call and our experience working with Victor on his first film to move into a second feature with him. He’s a truly original talent, and Imperial Palace is a perfect example of his unique, commercial voice.” Quinaz just wrapped his debut feature, Untitled Ensemble Comedy, which he directed and cowrote with Anne Martemucci and Philip Quinaz. They plan to launch the film at festivals next year. Quinaz is repped by Anonymous Content.
AFM: Killer Films And 'Margin Call' Producers Launch 'Imperial Palace'
What's Hot on Deadline
Stephen Colbert Feels "Blessed" By Donald Trump's Pick Of Potty-Mouth Scaramucci As Communications Chief
'Devil's Bargain': Blumhouse TV Acquires Book About Steve Bannon & Donald Trump For Limited Series Adaptation
Samuel L. Jackson To Star In 'Old Man' Drama Series From Jon Steinberg, Warren Littlefield & Fox 21 TV Studios
Latest Film News
- Marty Sklar Dies: Longtime Imagineer, Theme Park Designer & Walt Disney’s “Right-Hand Man” Was 83
- Peter Bart: Police Sadism In ‘Detroit’ May Stir Audiences, But Will It Also Provoke Them?
- ‘LBJ’ Trailer: Woody Harrelson As 36th President In Rob Reiner’s Next Film
- Fox & 21 Laps Land John Kamps Novel ‘The Prince’s Guard’
- Pablo Schreiber Joins Dwayne Johnson In ‘Skyscraper’
- ‘Brigsby Bear’s 3311 Productions Sets Two Movies