EXCLUSIVE: Killer Films’ Christine Vachon and Pam Koffler are teaming with Margin Call producers Zachary Quinto, Neal Dodson and Corey Moosa’s Before The Door banner on Imperial Palace, a love story written and to be directed by Victor Quinaz. The film will begin casting shortly for a spring production start. The film takes place six hours after Hurricane Katrina hits the gulf, as the jaded manager of a Biloxi casino tries to juggle the chaos when FEMA sets up headquarters at his establishment. That brings him in proximity to an old flame. Said Quinto: “We are thrilled to take the momentum of Margin Call and our experience working with Victor on his first film to move into a second feature with him. He’s a truly original talent, and Imperial Palace is a perfect example of his unique, commercial voice.” Quinaz just wrapped his debut feature, Untitled Ensemble Comedy, which he directed and cowrote with Anne Martemucci and Philip Quinaz. They plan to launch the film at festivals next year. Quinaz is repped by Anonymous Content.
AFM: Killer Films And 'Margin Call' Producers Launch 'Imperial Palace'
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Ant-Man' Scribes Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari Join 'Transformers' Writers Room: Cybertron Pic In Offing?
Latest Film News
- Is Bollywood’s Eros International Preparing A Dealmaking Campaign?
- Joe Wright In Talks To Board ‘The Lifeboat’ With Anne Hathaway, Working Title & Focus Features
- Imax Shares Leap As It Announces Hong Kong IPO Plan
- Paramount, Mary Parent To Turn ‘Beyblade’ Into Live Action Feature
- ‘The End Of The Tour’ Trailer: Jason Segel As David Foster Wallace
- Sky To Invest $20M In Milan Hub For Arts; Fremantle Picks Up Jude Law’s ‘The Young Pope': Global Briefs