EXCLUSIVE: Killer Films’ Christine Vachon and Pam Koffler are teaming with Margin Call producers Zachary Quinto, Neal Dodson and Corey Moosa’s Before The Door banner on Imperial Palace, a love story written and to be directed by Victor Quinaz. The film will begin casting shortly for a spring production start. The film takes place six hours after Hurricane Katrina hits the gulf, as the jaded manager of a Biloxi casino tries to juggle the chaos when FEMA sets up headquarters at his establishment. That brings him in proximity to an old flame. Said Quinto: “We are thrilled to take the momentum of Margin Call and our experience working with Victor on his first film to move into a second feature with him. He’s a truly original talent, and Imperial Palace is a perfect example of his unique, commercial voice.” Quinaz just wrapped his debut feature, Untitled Ensemble Comedy, which he directed and cowrote with Anne Martemucci and Philip Quinaz. They plan to launch the film at festivals next year. Quinaz is repped by Anonymous Content.
AFM: Killer Films And 'Margin Call' Producers Launch 'Imperial Palace'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Jack Reacher 2' Arm-Wrestling 'Madea' For No. 1; Audiences Aren't 'Keeping Up With The Joneses' - Midday Update
Leonardo DiCaprio To Play Music Pioneer Sam Phillips; Launched Elvis, Howlin' Wolf, Johnny Cash & Jerry Lee Lewis
Stephen Colbert's Live Post-Debate 'Late Show' Tops Household Ratings But Edged By Jimmy Kimmel In Demo
Latest Film News
- Jennifer Lawrence, Ron Howard Huddling On ‘Zelda’ Project
- Beau Knapp Set As Lead Villain In Eli Roth’s ‘Death Wish’
- Upstream Flix Gets Into Game, Acquires Hockey Enforcer Docu ‘Ice Guardians’
- ‘Keeping Up With The Joneses’ Review: Cast Is Game, But Comedy Is Tame
- ‘Molly’s Game’ Adds Brian d'Arcy James; Andrew J. West Cast In ‘Antiquities’
- ‘Jack Reacher 2’ Arm-Wrestling ‘Madea’ For No. 1; Audiences Aren’t ‘Keeping Up With The Joneses’ – Midday…