IM Global will fully fund Hummingbird, an action drama that will mark the directing debut of Eastern Promises scribe Steven Knight. Jason Statham will play a damaged ex-Special Forces soldier trapped in London’s criminal underworld, but he becomes an avenging angel when he is able to assume another identity. Shooting will begin in London early next year. Paul Webster and Tracey Seaward are producing. The film is budgeted at $20 million. “We had a great experience making Safe with Jason and we’re excited to team him with a director/producer team as sophisticated as Steven, Paul and Tracey,” said IM Global CEO Stuart Ford. The film has already sold in the UK, Germany, Switzerland, Scandinavia and Australia.
AFM: IM Global Launches Jason Statham-Starrer 'Hummingbird'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Another ‘Suicide Squad’ Photo Shows Will Smith’s Deadshot In Battle Mode
- ‘Ultron’ Outpacing ‘Avengers’ & ‘IM3′ With $439M; ‘F7′ Fuels Up – Intl B.O…
- Disney Crosses $1B At International Box Office; Propelled By ‘Ultron’, ‘Cinderella’
- ‘Far From The Madding Crowd,’ ‘Welcome To Me’ Vigorous At Specialty Box Office
- ‘Avengers: Age Of Ultron’ Flies To 2nd Highest Bow Of All-Time With $187.7M- Final Sunday Update
- Oscar-Winning ‘Dances With Wolves’ Author/Screenwriter Michael Blake Has Died