IM Global will fully fund Hummingbird, an action drama that will mark the directing debut of Eastern Promises scribe Steven Knight. Jason Statham will play a damaged ex-Special Forces soldier trapped in London’s criminal underworld, but he becomes an avenging angel when he is able to assume another identity. Shooting will begin in London early next year. Paul Webster and Tracey Seaward are producing. The film is budgeted at $20 million. “We had a great experience making Safe with Jason and we’re excited to team him with a director/producer team as sophisticated as Steven, Paul and Tracey,” said IM Global CEO Stuart Ford. The film has already sold in the UK, Germany, Switzerland, Scandinavia and Australia.
AFM: IM Global Launches Jason Statham-Starrer 'Hummingbird'
Trending Now on Deadline
NBC Cameraman Declared Ebola-Free; Tries To Rescue Nancy Snyderman From Self-Inflicted Career Disaster -- UPDATE
More From Fleming Jr
- Steve Carell, Charlie Kaufman Lock 'I.Q. 83′; Viral Outbreak Dumbs Down World
- 'Sirens' Star Jessica McNamee Signs With Inspire
- Why Did Stephen Hawking Film 'Theory Of Everything' Take A Decade? Scribe Anthony McCarten Explains
- 'Star Wars Episode VII' Lead Daisy Ridley Signs With CAA
- James Wan Back At New Line For 'The Conjuring 2′ And Overall Producing Deal