IM Global will fully fund Hummingbird, an action drama that will mark the directing debut of Eastern Promises scribe Steven Knight. Jason Statham will play a damaged ex-Special Forces soldier trapped in London’s criminal underworld, but he becomes an avenging angel when he is able to assume another identity. Shooting will begin in London early next year. Paul Webster and Tracey Seaward are producing. The film is budgeted at $20 million. “We had a great experience making Safe with Jason and we’re excited to team him with a director/producer team as sophisticated as Steven, Paul and Tracey,” said IM Global CEO Stuart Ford. The film has already sold in the UK, Germany, Switzerland, Scandinavia and Australia.
AFM: IM Global Launches Jason Statham-Starrer 'Hummingbird'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- New Tax Credits Boost Filming In L.A. In Q3
- Jack Huston, Jennifer Aniston Join War Pic ‘The Yellow Birds’
- Robert Wagner Joins Sci-Fi Thriller ‘What Happened To Monday’; ‘Little Pink House’ Adds Jeanne Tripplehorn & Callum…
- Blake Jenner Joins Hailee Steinfeld In STX Coming-Of-Age Drama
- Matt Phelps Tapped For Ubisoft Motion Pictures VP Role As L.A. Office Opens Doors
- Alchemy Expands Exec Roles For Brooke Ford & Jeff Deutchman