Increasing its audience for a third consecutive week, ABC’s The Chew hit series highs in total viewers and all key demos last week: total viewers (2.156 million), women 18-34 (179,000), women 18-49 (500,000) and women 25-54 (658,000). After a curiosity spike for its September 26 premiere, which drew 2.5 million viewers and 590,000 women 18-49, the ratings for The Chew, which replaced canceled soap All My Children, took a slide over the course of its premiere week. But the lifestyle series has been on an upswing lately. For now, fans of General Hospital shouldn’t worry much as the only surviving ABC daytime drama is comfortably ahead in the ratings, averaging 679,000 women 18-49 last week (though at a much higher production cost). That puts an enormous pressure on the upcoming weight-loss series The Revolution, which will replace One Life To Live in January. Because come September, something’s got to give to make room for Katie Couric’s new syndicated daytime talk show.
ABC's 'The Chew' Posts Series Highs
What's Hot on Deadline
Sean Spicer Says Melissa McCarthy 'Saturday Night Live' Parody "Funny"; Sean Hannity Reminds Him It's Not
'Marvel's The Defenders' Stuns Fans With Debut Episode Screening & New Trailer For Netflix Series - Comic-Con
From ‘Fauda’s Assaf Bernstein On ‘Rose Madder' To ‘The Shining’ Onstage: What’s Behind Stephen King’s Hollywood Renaissance?
Comic-Con: 'Outlander' EP Ronald D Moore Talks Seasons 3 & 4, Diana Gabaldon, 'Battlestar Galactica' & The Changing SDCC
Latest TV News
- John Heard Dies: ‘Home Alone’ Actor Was 72
- ‘Marvel’s The Defenders’ Stuns Fans With Debut Episode Screening & New Trailer For Netflix Series…
- ‘Vikings’ Gets Trailer & Season Premiere Date – Comic-Con
- Crime Experts On Bellum Entertainment Shows Halt Work Until Back Wages Are Paid
- Sean Spicer Says Melissa McCarthy ‘Saturday Night Live’ Parody “Funny”; Sean Hannity Reminds Him…
- ‘Iron Fist’ Renewed For Season 2 On Netflix – Comic-Con