Increasing its audience for a third consecutive week, ABC’s The Chew hit series highs in total viewers and all key demos last week: total viewers (2.156 million), women 18-34 (179,000), women 18-49 (500,000) and women 25-54 (658,000). After a curiosity spike for its September 26 premiere, which drew 2.5 million viewers and 590,000 women 18-49, the ratings for The Chew, which replaced canceled soap All My Children, took a slide over the course of its premiere week. But the lifestyle series has been on an upswing lately. For now, fans of General Hospital shouldn’t worry much as the only surviving ABC daytime drama is comfortably ahead in the ratings, averaging 679,000 women 18-49 last week (though at a much higher production cost). That puts an enormous pressure on the upcoming weight-loss series The Revolution, which will replace One Life To Live in January. Because come September, something’s got to give to make room for Katie Couric’s new syndicated daytime talk show.
ABC's 'The Chew' Posts Series Highs
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland' Bows Overseas With $26.7M, 'Ultron' Dominates With $45.8M, 'Mad Max' Adds $38.2M, 'Spy' Nabs $12.5M
Cannes Winners: The French Did Well, The Italians Didn't - But Who's Complaining After Cinema's World Cup?
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
Hot Cannes 'Circle' Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In 'Assassin's Creed', New 'Bourne' Film
Latest TV News
- Netflix Rumored To Want Gerard Depardieu For French ‘House Of Cards’
- Anne Meara Dies; Actress, Comedian Of Stiller Family Was 85
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel