Increasing its audience for a third consecutive week, ABC’s The Chew hit series highs in total viewers and all key demos last week: total viewers (2.156 million), women 18-34 (179,000), women 18-49 (500,000) and women 25-54 (658,000). After a curiosity spike for its September 26 premiere, which drew 2.5 million viewers and 590,000 women 18-49, the ratings for The Chew, which replaced canceled soap All My Children, took a slide over the course of its premiere week. But the lifestyle series has been on an upswing lately. For now, fans of General Hospital shouldn’t worry much as the only surviving ABC daytime drama is comfortably ahead in the ratings, averaging 679,000 women 18-49 last week (though at a much higher production cost). That puts an enormous pressure on the upcoming weight-loss series The Revolution, which will replace One Life To Live in January. Because come September, something’s got to give to make room for Katie Couric’s new syndicated daytime talk show.
ABC's 'The Chew' Posts Series Highs
What's Hot on Deadline
'Me And Earl And The Dying Girl' Takes Top Dramatic Honors At Sundance; Is It The Next 'Whiplash'? - Winners List
‘Boyhood’, 'Grand Budapest', 'Lego Movie' Score Big At 65th ACE Eddie Awards -- Complete Winners List
Bryan Cranston & David Shore's ‘Sneaky Pete’, Civil Rights Crime Drama From Rene Balcer Get CBS Pilot Orders
More From Andreeva
- Bryan Cranston & David Shore’s 'Sneaky Pete', Civil Rights Crime Drama From Rene Balcer Get CBS Pilot Orders
- Johnny Knoxville, Jermaine Fowler Projects, NBA Buddy Show Among 7 ABC Comedy Pilot Orders
- ABC Picks Up 4 Drama Pilots
- Busy Philipps Joins HBO Comedy Series 'Vice Principals'
- Medical Drama ‘LFE’ Gets CBS Pilot Order
- Idina Menzel To Star In ‘Happy Time’ Comedy Produced By Ellen DeGeneres