Increasing its audience for a third consecutive week, ABC’s The Chew hit series highs in total viewers and all key demos last week: total viewers (2.156 million), women 18-34 (179,000), women 18-49 (500,000) and women 25-54 (658,000). After a curiosity spike for its September 26 premiere, which drew 2.5 million viewers and 590,000 women 18-49, the ratings for The Chew, which replaced canceled soap All My Children, took a slide over the course of its premiere week. But the lifestyle series has been on an upswing lately. For now, fans of General Hospital shouldn’t worry much as the only surviving ABC daytime drama is comfortably ahead in the ratings, averaging 679,000 women 18-49 last week (though at a much higher production cost). That puts an enormous pressure on the upcoming weight-loss series The Revolution, which will replace One Life To Live in January. Because come September, something’s got to give to make room for Katie Couric’s new syndicated daytime talk show.
ABC's 'The Chew' Posts Series Highs
What's Hot on Deadline
DGA Awards: Alejandro G. Iñárritu Wins Feature Film Award For 'The Revenant'; HBO Cleans Up With Wins For 'Game Of Thrones', 'Veep' & 'Bessie' - Full List
'Kung Fu Panda 3' Does Touchdown Dance With $21M As Super Bowl Weekend Slaughters 'Zombies', 'Choice': Sunday B.O.
DGA Awards: Inarritu's Big Win Gives Momentum To 'Revenant' But Keeps Best Picture Race In The Undecided Column
'Revenant', 'Martian' & More In Global Milestones; 'Kung Fu Panda' Tops $100M In China - Intl Box Office Update
Latest TV News
- Peter Farrelly Directs CBS All Access Super Bowl Promo
- Jazzed Coldplay, Bruno Mars & Beyonce Harmonize At Super Bowl 50 Halftime Show – Review
- ‘The Good Wife’ To End This Spring After Seven Seasons
- Barack Obama Wins Soft Bowl With CBS’ Gayle King In Super Bowl Interview
- ABC’s GOP Debate Wins Saturday, Draws 13.2 Million Viewers
- Ray Colcord Dies: Emmy-Nominated Television Composer Was 66