ABC just gave full-season orders to three more series: freshmen Once Upon A Time and Last Man Standing and sophomore Happy Endings, which previously received a pickup of six additional scripts. Additionally, struggling new drama Pan Am is staying alive with an order for five additional scripts. The back-nine order for Once Upon A Time comes after only two airings as the fairytale-themed series quickly established itself as the breakout new drama series this season. Once Upon A Time and the Tim Allen-starring Last Man Standing join previously picked up Suburgatory and Revenge to bring the number of ABC freshman shows given a full season to four, more than any other network so far this season. For Happy Endings, the episodic order comes after solid showings the last two weeks, including hitting a series high. As for ABC’s other sophomore series with a 13-episode order, drama Body Of Proof, there are five episodes in the can leftover from last season, so the network already has 18 episodes on tap for this season. (Though, at least for now, it doesn’t look like the extra two scripts ordered last month will be converted into episodes.) The script order for Pan Am buys the network some time as it’s awaiting to see new showrunner Steve Maeda’s vision for the series.
ABC Gives Full-Season Orders To 'Once Upon A Time', 'Last Man Standing' & 'Happy Endings'; 5 Scripts For 'Pan Am'
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Talpa Media USA Shopping ‘The Big Picture’ Interactive Game Show
- Parminder Nagra Cast In ABC Pilot ‘The Kingmakers’
- Matthew Lillard To Star In ‘Problem Child’ NBC Pilot
- ‘True Blood’s Rutina Wesley To Star In ‘Broad Squad’, More ABC Pilots Add Cast
- NBC Picks Up Sniper Miniseries ‘The Reaper’ From Weinstein Co.
- Martha Plimpton To Star In Dan Savage ABC Pilot ‘Family of the Year’