ABC Family has picked up one of its top series, Pretty Little Liars, for a third season, which is slated to launch next summer. The size of the order is a whopping 24 episodes, which rivals those for broadcast drama series. It matches the mystery series’ sophomore-season order, which was consequently upped to 25 episodes with a Halloween special that aired last month. Pretty Little Liars, from Warner Horizon and Alloy, returns for the second part of its second season on Monday, January 2. The series, which broke ABC Family ratings records in several young demos when it premiered last year, has become one of the network’s top three shows, or as ABC Family’s president Michael Riley calls them, ABC Family’s “triple-threat”: Switched At Birth, The Secret Life Of The American Teenager and Pretty Little Liars.
ABC Family Renews 'Pretty Little Liars' For Third Season
What's Hot on Deadline
No Obama Bounce For DNC Day 3 Ratings As They Fall Behind RNC, 'Wayward Pines' Finale Down From 2015
Bill Maher On Hillary Clinton Nomination: "First, Lady Ghostbusters And Now This; America's On A Roll!"
Cristina Ferrare Out, Replaced By Debbie Matenopoulos As Co-Host Of Hallmark Channel's 'Home & Family'
Latest TV News
- ‘Scream Queens’ Season 2 Promo: Will These Med Students Bother To Learn About Anesthesia?
- Henry Louis Gates Jr: Donald Trump’s Political Rise Directly Related To 8 Years Of Black Family In White House
- Seth Meyers Takes ‘A Closer Look’ At Hillary Clinton’s Speech & More
- Adrianne Palicki Stars In Seth MacFarlane Fox Series, Scott Grimes Co-Stars
- ‘Shameless’ Adds Four To Cast & Reveals The Scoop On Season 7
- DNC Final Day Ratings See Hillary Clinton Down From Obama In 2012; Steady With Trump & RNC