Michael Eisner is back in the mouse house, this time as a TV producer. ABC has bought a period single-camera comedy project that Eisner is executive producing. Set in the 1980s, the untitled comedy, written by Jeff Greenstein, chronicles the early days of celebrity chefs Mary Sue Milliken and Susan Feniger’s unique business partnership and friendship. Former Will & Grace executive producer Greenstein, repped by ICM, is executive producing with Eisner, Noel Bright and Steve Cohen, while Milliken and Feniger serve as producers. Chefs and business partners for over 25 years, Milliken and Feniger own the chain of Border Grill restaurants and its gourmet taco truck offshoot. They star in Food Network’s Too Hot Tamales and have appeared on Bravo’s Top Chef Masters.
ABC Buys Comedy Based On Chefs Mary Sue Milliken & Susan Feniger With Michael Eisner Producing
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order; Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Stephnie Weir Bank Comedy
- Fox Developing Drama About Airline Crew Moonlighting As Robbers
- Betsy Thomas Set As New 'Bad Judge' Showrunner
- Sam Richardson Upped To Regular On 'Veep'
- Nathan Parsons To Topline Amazon Pilot 'Point Of Honor', Luke Benward To Co-Star
- Rob Golenberg and Alon Aranya's Scripted World Inks First-Look Deal With Fox 21