EXCLUSIVE: Paul Wernick and Rhett Reese are getting the job turning the Hasbro toyline Micronauts into a feature film for JJ Abrams and Paramount Pictures. Along with the prospect of another Transformers film, Micronauts was one of the Hasbro brands mentioned as a priority project in a third quarter earnings conference call for investors today by Hasbro CEO Brian Goldner. Paramount recently made a deal with Hasbro for the property, to be produced by Bad Robot’s Abrams and Bryan Burk and Hasbro’s Goldner and Bennett Schneir. Micronauts marks another big job for a scribe team that had its breakthrough with Zombieland. They followed with G.I. Joe 2: Retaliation, which is now in production with Jon M. Chu directing and Dwayne Johnson and Bruce Willis joining a returning cast that includes Channing Tatum. The scribes wrote the X-Men spinoff film Deadpool for Fox, which has Ryan Reynolds attached to play the character he originated in Wolverine, and visual effects wiz Tim Miller set to direct. Wernick & Rheese are also adapting the graphic novel Cowboy Ninja Viking for Disney. The scribes are repped by WME.
'Zombieland' Scribe Team Tackles Hasbro's 'Micronauts' For JJ Abrams And Paramount
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: 2nd Best Sunday $60M+; 3-Day $201M+; 4-Day To Shred 'Jurassic World' & Possibly 'Last Jedi'
Winter Olympics: Adam Rippon Turns Down NBC Correspondent Position, Net Struggles With Broadcast Gaffes — Update
Olympic Curling Medalist From Russia Busted For Doping; Wardrobe Malfunction Leaves French Ice Dancer Exposed
Latest Film News
- SAG-AFTRA Closes “Wigging” Probe, Says It “Remains Committed” To Ending Practice Of Men Doubling…
- Activist Organization Hosts Voter Registration Events At ‘Black Panther’ Screenings
- Blue Fox Hires Myriad Pictures’ Audrey Delaney As Marketing & Distribution SVP – Berlin
- José Padilha Lifts The Lid On ‘7 Days In Entebbe’ – Berlin
- ‘Black Panther’ Blasts Off With $169M Overseas; $371M WW Weekend – International Box Office
- ‘Black Panther’ Goes Wild: 2nd Best Sunday $60M+; 3-Day $201M+; 4-Day To Shred ‘Jurassic World’ & Possibly ‘Last Jedi…