EXCLUSIVE: Paul Wernick and Rhett Reese are getting the job turning the Hasbro toyline Micronauts into a feature film for JJ Abrams and Paramount Pictures. Along with the prospect of another Transformers film, Micronauts was one of the Hasbro brands mentioned as a priority project in a third quarter earnings conference call for investors today by Hasbro CEO Brian Goldner. Paramount recently made a deal with Hasbro for the property, to be produced by Bad Robot’s Abrams and Bryan Burk and Hasbro’s Goldner and Bennett Schneir. Micronauts marks another big job for a scribe team that had its breakthrough with Zombieland. They followed with G.I. Joe 2: Retaliation, which is now in production with Jon M. Chu directing and Dwayne Johnson and Bruce Willis joining a returning cast that includes Channing Tatum. The scribes wrote the X-Men spinoff film Deadpool for Fox, which has Ryan Reynolds attached to play the character he originated in Wolverine, and visual effects wiz Tim Miller set to direct. Wernick & Rheese are also adapting the graphic novel Cowboy Ninja Viking for Disney. The scribes are repped by WME.
'Zombieland' Scribe Team Tackles Hasbro's 'Micronauts' For JJ Abrams And Paramount
What's Hot on Deadline
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
Disney Channel Launching Toon Series 'Amphibia' & 'The Owl House', Renews 'Star Vs. The Forces Of Evil' For Season 4
Latest Film News
- Matthew Baker Short Futuristic Story ‘Life Sentence’ Creates Bidding Stampede
- Tim Blake Nelson Boards ‘Angel Has Fallen’
- Uncork’d Entertainment & Lantern Lane Entertainment Acquire L.A. Film Festival Drama ’20 Weeks’
- ‘Black Panther’ Dashes Past $520M Worldwide, Eyes $190M+ Second Global Weekend
- Amazon Studios Lands Alafair Burke Novel ‘The Wife,’ A Thriller In #MeToo Moment
- Brad Weston’s Makeready Lands Jessica Barry Thriller Novel ‘Freefall’, Latest In Slate-Building Deal Flurry