Twitter is about to become even more pervasive (and potentially more annoying, as if such a thing were possible). Starting next week on The X Factor, viewers will be able to vote for their favorite performers via Twitter. Fans have been taking to Twitter to express their opinions during live TV events for years. But now they can actually affect the outcome of competition on a show by voting for contestants they feel should stay and those who should get the boot. Twitter’s blog explains how. To vote, follow @TheXFactorUsa. Then submit your vote privately with a direct message. All votes are sent directly to The X Factor to be counted. Tweets, however, do not count as votes — only direct messages.
'X-Factor' To Allow Fan Votes Via Twitter
What's Hot on Deadline
M Night Shyamalan Unveils 'Glass': 'Unbreakable' & 'Split' Sequel To Star Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson, James McAvoy
Bravo Unveils Unscripted Slate With 6 New & 18 Returning Series; More 'Real Housewives' & 'Vanderpump Rules'
Latest TV News
- ‘Z: The Beginning Of Everything’ Renewed For Season 2 By Amazon
- Sean Hannity Could Leave Fox News If Murdochs Don’t Back Besieged Co-Prez Bill Shine
- ‘Dear White People’ Review: TV Series Based Movie Is Funny & Moving
- ‘Bachelor’ Alum Chris Soules’ Lawyers Insist He Didn’t Leave Scene Of Fatal Accident
- BET Greenlights New Series From Kevin Hart, Steve Harvey, Wanda Sykes & More – Upfronts
- Warner Bros. TV Ups Peter Girardi To Dual EVP Roles