Twitter is about to become even more pervasive (and potentially more annoying, as if such a thing were possible). Starting next week on The X Factor, viewers will be able to vote for their favorite performers via Twitter. Fans have been taking to Twitter to express their opinions during live TV events for years. But now they can actually affect the outcome of competition on a show by voting for contestants they feel should stay and those who should get the boot. Twitter’s blog explains how. To vote, follow @TheXFactorUsa. Then submit your vote privately with a direct message. All votes are sent directly to The X Factor to be counted. Tweets, however, do not count as votes — only direct messages.
'X-Factor' To Allow Fan Votes Via Twitter
What's Hot on Deadline
'Transformers: The Last Knight' Dawns With $85M Through Friday, $48M In China - International Box Office
Newcomer Katherine Langford On ‘13 Reasons Why’: "It Was The Best First Show I Could Have Ever Done"
Latest TV News
- ‘Real Time’: Bill Maher Pledges Contribution To Activist Labeled “Anti-Muslim Extremist”
- DGA To Elect New President Saturday At Convention
- ‘The Exorcist’: Jason Ensler Joins Fox Drama Series As Executive Producer
- Stephen Colbert Announces Possible White House Run In 2020, On Russian TV
- Steven Williams Joins ‘The Chi’; Alejandro Edda In ‘Cocaine Godmother’
- ‘Downward Dog’ Canceled By ABC After 1 Season, Will Be Shopped To Other Nets