Twitter is about to become even more pervasive (and potentially more annoying, as if such a thing were possible). Starting next week on The X Factor, viewers will be able to vote for their favorite performers via Twitter. Fans have been taking to Twitter to express their opinions during live TV events for years. But now they can actually affect the outcome of competition on a show by voting for contestants they feel should stay and those who should get the boot. Twitter’s blog explains how. To vote, follow @TheXFactorUsa. Then submit your vote privately with a direct message. All votes are sent directly to The X Factor to be counted. Tweets, however, do not count as votes — only direct messages.
'X-Factor' To Allow Fan Votes Via Twitter
Trending Now on Deadline
Ryan Murphy & His 'Glee' Co-Creators Get Fox Series Order For Comedy-Horror Anthology 'Scream Queens'
Alamo Drafthouse's Tim League: Make A Place For Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, And Film Stock In Digital Future
FINAL: 'Fury' Wins Box Office War With $23.7M; 'Book Of Life' At $17M; 'Gone Girl' $100M+; 'Best Of Me' $10M - B.O. Final
More From Team
- Lucas Hedges & Penn Badgley Join 'The Slap' Miniseries On NBC; 'Full Circle' Sets Cast
- 'Gold Rush' 5th Season Debut Hits Ratings Motherlode For Discovery
- OSCARS: Eight Documentary Shorts On 2014 Shortlist
- Roger Howarth Joins 'The Flash'; Ryan Hurst In 'Bates Motel'
- Disney Animation Unveils 'Moana' From 'Little Mermaid' Filmmakers For November 2016
- 'Simpsons World' Debuts Tomorrow