Twitter is about to become even more pervasive (and potentially more annoying, as if such a thing were possible). Starting next week on The X Factor, viewers will be able to vote for their favorite performers via Twitter. Fans have been taking to Twitter to express their opinions during live TV events for years. But now they can actually affect the outcome of competition on a show by voting for contestants they feel should stay and those who should get the boot. Twitter’s blog explains how. To vote, follow @TheXFactorUsa. Then submit your vote privately with a direct message. All votes are sent directly to The X Factor to be counted. Tweets, however, do not count as votes — only direct messages.
'X-Factor' To Allow Fan Votes Via Twitter
What's Hot on Deadline
'Parks & Rec' Mike Schur Says "Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey"; 'Leftovers' Damon Lindelof Regrets Theroux Jokes
'Justice League' Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $96M Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened - Sunday AM Update
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
'Justice League' Lassos $185.5M Overseas, $281.5M WW; 'Thor' Rocks To $738M Global - International Box Office
'Transparent' Creator Jill Soloway Won't Discuss Jeffrey Tambor Scandal, Advocates Anti-Harassment On-Set Rules
Latest TV News
- Russell Simmons Accused Of Forcing Sex On Model While Brett Ratner Watched
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Steady With Host Chance The Rapper & Eminem
- ‘SNL’ Vs Al Franken: Weekend Update Takes On A Former Writer
- ‘SNL’: “Come Back, Barack”, Stay Awhile Pete Davidson & Chance Pays Off
- ‘Transparent’ Creator Jill Soloway Won’t Discuss Jeffrey Tambor Scandal, Advocates Anti-Harassment…
- Saoirse Ronan To Host ‘Saturday Night Live’, With Musical Guest U2