Twitter is about to become even more pervasive (and potentially more annoying, as if such a thing were possible). Starting next week on The X Factor, viewers will be able to vote for their favorite performers via Twitter. Fans have been taking to Twitter to express their opinions during live TV events for years. But now they can actually affect the outcome of competition on a show by voting for contestants they feel should stay and those who should get the boot. Twitter’s blog explains how. To vote, follow @TheXFactorUsa. Then submit your vote privately with a direct message. All votes are sent directly to The X Factor to be counted. Tweets, however, do not count as votes — only direct messages.
'X-Factor' To Allow Fan Votes Via Twitter
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Broad Green Finds 'Eden', Music Box Jams With 'Mekons'
- Riley Keough To Topline Steven Soderbergh's 'The Girlfriend Experience' On Starz
- 'Fishing Without Nets' Trailer: Somali Pirate Drama
- Global Showbiz Briefs: South Korea Submits 'Sea Fog' For Foreign-Language Oscar Race; Winnie Lau Joins Jet Tone Films
- Peter Dinklage Set For 'The Thicket'; John Magaro Joins 'The Finest Hours'; Celebrity Death Pool Pic Adds 6 To Cast
- John Candy's Son Takes The Lead In 'Bar America': Hot Trailer