EXCLUSIVE: Farhad Safinia, creator, executive producer and showrunner of Starz’s upcoming drama series Boss, has signed with WME where he will be represented by a team led by Ari Emanuel. Boss, starring Kelsey Grammer as a Machiavellian Chicago mayor who is hiding a potentially debilitating medical problem, does not premiere until next Friday but has already earned as second-season renewal by the network. The spec script for Boss, which Safinia developed with Grammer, marked the Apocalypto co-writer’s TV debut. Safinia continues to be active on the feature side — he is attached to direct The Professor And The Madman for Paramount and Icon Prods., based on the book he adapted, and is currently writing the Allen Counter project at Sony for Will Smith to star. Safinia had been agentless since leaving ICM with his agent-turned-manager Brian Sher in 2008. Sher, an executive producer on Boss, continues to manage Safinia. With the signing of Safinia, WME now reps all key auspicies on Boss, including star/exec producer Grammer and director/exec producer Gus Van Sant.
WME Signs 'Boss' Creator Farhad Safinia
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Raycom Media TV Stations Blacked Out By DirecTV In Carriage Dispute
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over