EXCLUSIVE: Warner Bros has acquired the Adam Gibgot pitch The Accidental Genius for Robert Downey Jr and Susan Downey’s Team Downey to produce with Ben Silverman’s Electus. In the drama, an ordinary man awakens from a coma with astonishing intelligence, and visions of a bizarre symbol recognized only by a burnt-out prodigy. Together, the two men set out to solve a hundred-year-old mystery that could change the world. The title refers to a rare but true medical condition in which a person emerges from a physical trauma with heightened mental abilities. Gibgot will be executive producer with David Gambino. Gibgot developed several pilots with Silverman at NBC, and it was Silverman who hooked up a meeting with the writer and Susan Downey, who runs her husband’s production company that was set up at Warner Bros to develop star vehicles for Downey Jr. Gibgot most recently delivered the Oliver Stone hourlong drama pilot Darkhorse for FX. He’s repped by attorney Stewart Brookman.
Warner Bros Takes 'The Accidental Genius' For Robert Downey Jr's Production Banner
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Sony Pictures Taps 'Iron Man 3′ Helmer Shane Black To Direct 'The Destroyer'
- Miramax Films Bolsters Funding
- Akiva Goldsman Circling 'Ring 3′ Rewrite
- Patrick Warburton Back For 'Ted' Sequel
- Stork Visit For Milla Jovovich Postpones 'Resident Evil 6′
- Indie Audax Outbids For David Weil Spec 'Moonfall'