EXCLUSIVE: Warner Bros has acquired the Adam Gibgot pitch The Accidental Genius for Robert Downey Jr and Susan Downey’s Team Downey to produce with Ben Silverman’s Electus. In the drama, an ordinary man awakens from a coma with astonishing intelligence, and visions of a bizarre symbol recognized only by a burnt-out prodigy. Together, the two men set out to solve a hundred-year-old mystery that could change the world. The title refers to a rare but true medical condition in which a person emerges from a physical trauma with heightened mental abilities. Gibgot will be executive producer with David Gambino. Gibgot developed several pilots with Silverman at NBC, and it was Silverman who hooked up a meeting with the writer and Susan Downey, who runs her husband’s production company that was set up at Warner Bros to develop star vehicles for Downey Jr. Gibgot most recently delivered the Oliver Stone hourlong drama pilot Darkhorse for FX. He’s repped by attorney Stewart Brookman.
Warner Bros Takes 'The Accidental Genius' For Robert Downey Jr's Production Banner
What's Hot on Deadline
'Transformers: The Last Knight' Running Out Of Gas With $15.6M Opening Day; CinemaScore Dips To B+ - Update
'Quantico': Priyanka Chopra Among 4 Cast Members Returning For Season 3, Michael Seitzman Set As New Showrunner
Latest Film News
- Jay Roth Fete: The Reason You Can’t Get A Hollywood Mogul On The Phone Tonight
- Johnny Depp Jokes About Donald Trump: “When Was The Last Time An Actor Assassinated A President?”
- Peter Bart: Are Fabulous Female Directors Limited By Tired Dude Genres?
- L.A. Film Fest Award Winners: ‘Becks’, ‘The Keeping Hours’ Among Honorees – Complete List
- ‘Superior Donuts’ Star Jermaine Fowler Cast In ‘Sorry To Bother You’
- OAZ Makes Daniel Abrams A Partner