EXCLUSIVE: Warner Bros has acquired the Adam Gibgot pitch The Accidental Genius for Robert Downey Jr and Susan Downey’s Team Downey to produce with Ben Silverman’s Electus. In the drama, an ordinary man awakens from a coma with astonishing intelligence, and visions of a bizarre symbol recognized only by a burnt-out prodigy. Together, the two men set out to solve a hundred-year-old mystery that could change the world. The title refers to a rare but true medical condition in which a person emerges from a physical trauma with heightened mental abilities. Gibgot will be executive producer with David Gambino. Gibgot developed several pilots with Silverman at NBC, and it was Silverman who hooked up a meeting with the writer and Susan Downey, who runs her husband’s production company that was set up at Warner Bros to develop star vehicles for Downey Jr. Gibgot most recently delivered the Oliver Stone hourlong drama pilot Darkhorse for FX. He’s repped by attorney Stewart Brookman.
Warner Bros Takes 'The Accidental Genius' For Robert Downey Jr's Production Banner
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- CAA Signs ‘Patti Cake$’ Star Danielle Macdonald
- Bruce Willis Pacts Pair Of Films With Emmett/Furla/Oasis
- Helen Mirren To Narrate ‘Cries From Syria’ For HBO Bow
- Eric Heisserer-Backed TV Series ‘The Scrawl’ Among First Projects For Newbie Penchant Entertainment
- Beware, Oscar Voters: Final Academy Award Ballots Due Today!
- Viacom Looks Beyond Brad Grey Era Toward Future Of Paramount