Warner Bros announced today that it is moving the release date of Legendary Pictures’ big-budget 3D action tent pole Pacific Rim, which Guillermo del Toro is directing. The studio has set its bow for May 10, 2013, staking it at the head of the summer film pack. It had been set for July 12, 2013. Charlie Hunnam, Charlie Day and Idris Elba star; del Toro, Mary Parent and Legendary’s Thomas Tull and Jon Jashni are producing. Rim, which begins shooting next month, was written by Travis Beacham and is set in a future where giant malevolent creatures threaten to destroy the earth, and the planet must band together and use advanced weapons technology to eradicate the growing threat.
Warner Bros Shifts 'Pacific Rim' Release
Trending Now on Deadline
'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
More From Team
- Terry Keenan Dead: Longtime Business Reporter-Anchor At CNN, CNBC & Fox News
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…
- 'High Profits': New CNN Series Profiles Colorado Pot Business Owners