Warner Bros announced today that it is moving the release date of Legendary Pictures’ big-budget 3D action tent pole Pacific Rim, which Guillermo del Toro is directing. The studio has set its bow for May 10, 2013, staking it at the head of the summer film pack. It had been set for July 12, 2013. Charlie Hunnam, Charlie Day and Idris Elba star; del Toro, Mary Parent and Legendary’s Thomas Tull and Jon Jashni are producing. Rim, which begins shooting next month, was written by Travis Beacham and is set in a future where giant malevolent creatures threaten to destroy the earth, and the planet must band together and use advanced weapons technology to eradicate the growing threat.
Warner Bros Shifts 'Pacific Rim' Release
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- David Yates In Talks For 'Harry Potter' Spin-Off 'Fantastic Beasts'
- Damon Lindelof Accepts Deadline's ALS Ice Bucket Challenge: Video
- EOne Acquires Liz Tuccillo's SXSW Rom-Com 'Take Care'
- TNT Nabs Rights To Lionsgate's 'Hunger Games' & 'Divergent' Franchises
- AFI Directing Workshop For Women Announces Episodic Program
- Hot Trailer: 'Innocence'