Warner Bros announced today that it is moving the release date of Legendary Pictures’ big-budget 3D action tent pole Pacific Rim, which Guillermo del Toro is directing. The studio has set its bow for May 10, 2013, staking it at the head of the summer film pack. It had been set for July 12, 2013. Charlie Hunnam, Charlie Day and Idris Elba star; del Toro, Mary Parent and Legendary’s Thomas Tull and Jon Jashni are producing. Rim, which begins shooting next month, was written by Travis Beacham and is set in a future where giant malevolent creatures threaten to destroy the earth, and the planet must band together and use advanced weapons technology to eradicate the growing threat.
Warner Bros Shifts 'Pacific Rim' Release
Trending Now on Deadline
'Dancing With The Stars' Finale Ratings Hit 4-Season High, 'The Voice' Down, 'Flash' & 'Mindy Project' Even
More From Team
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot
- Matt Barr Joins TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot; Katie Sarife In 'The Michelle Knight Story'