EXCLUSIVE: The spec market has been as dead as disco lately, but Warner Bros just closed the second deal of the night. The studio has acquired The End, a science fiction/drama spec script written by Aron Eli Coleite. The film focuses on three completely different storylines that are interconnected by the fact that the players in each one are trying to reconcile the fact that the world is going to end. There is a veteran broadcaster in London, a 16-year old girl and her boyfriend in Ann Arbor, Michigan, and a devoted family man in Shanghai. They each try to make peace with their lives before an interstellar event ends the world in just six hours. No producer yet but Jesse Ehrman and Andrew Fischel brought it in for Warner Bros. CAA repped the writer. This happened just after Universal acquired Grim Night.
Warner Bros Buys Apocalyptic Spec 'The End'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Kung Fu Panda 3' Rules Soft Super Bowl Weekend With $20M; Auds Give $11M To 'Caesar' - Late Night B.O. Update
'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Reaches Unprecedented Height At Domestic B.O. With $900M, $2B Worldwide
Lionsgate Plans 17 Films For 2017, Says 'Star Wars' Grabbed $50M-$100M From 'Mockingjay 2'; Stock Falls 27%
Latest Film News
- ‘Kung Fu Panda 3’ Rules Soft Super Bowl Weekend With $20M; Auds Give $11M To ‘Caesar’ – Late Night…
- Diversity Debate Underscores 2016 NAACP Image Awards As Oscar Snubs Win Big
- The 2016 NAACP Image Awards Winners: ‘Creed’, ‘Black-Ish’ Clean Up While ‘Compton’ Wins…
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: Campaigns Turn Serious In The Race That Is TOO CLOSE TO CALL
- Ed Helms, Amanda Seyfried Lead Cast Of Comedy ‘The Clapper’
- Thai Prison Fighting Drama ‘Champion’ Coming From Storyscape & Pioneer