EXCLUSIVE: The spec market has been as dead as disco lately, but Warner Bros just closed the second deal of the night. The studio has acquired The End, a science fiction/drama spec script written by Aron Eli Coleite. The film focuses on three completely different storylines that are interconnected by the fact that the players in each one are trying to reconcile the fact that the world is going to end. There is a veteran broadcaster in London, a 16-year old girl and her boyfriend in Ann Arbor, Michigan, and a devoted family man in Shanghai. They each try to make peace with their lives before an interstellar event ends the world in just six hours. No producer yet but Jesse Ehrman and Andrew Fischel brought it in for Warner Bros. CAA repped the writer. This happened just after Universal acquired Grim Night.
Warner Bros Buys Apocalyptic Spec 'The End'
What's Hot on Deadline
No Obama Bounce For DNC Day 3 Ratings As They Fall Behind RNC, 'Wayward Pines' Finale Down From 2015
Venice Film Festival: Lido To Launch Pics From Ford, Gibson, Malick & More As Awards Season Starts To Buzz - Full List
Bill O'Reilly Defends Comments That Slaves Who Built The White House Were "Well-Fed And Had Decent Lodging" - Update
Latest Film News
- Paul Greengrass On Setting Up Jason Bourne For More Sequels, Jimi Hendrix
- Bond/360 Nabs Docu ‘God Knows Where I Am’; XLrator Lands Slasher Pic ‘The Windmill’
- “New” Michael Crichton Novel ‘Dragon Teeth’ Coming Out Next Year
- ‘Bad Moms’ Review: Perfect Movie For Moms To Ditch The Kids And Have Some Raunchy Fun
- Starz Reports Lower Q2 Earnings But Touts Lionsgate Deal And ‘Force Awakens’ Bow
- Alcon Acquires Feature Film Pitch ‘Besties’ From ‘Lucifer’ Co-EP