EXCLUSIVE: The spec market has been as dead as disco lately, but Warner Bros just closed the second deal of the night. The studio has acquired The End, a science fiction/drama spec script written by Aron Eli Coleite. The film focuses on three completely different storylines that are interconnected by the fact that the players in each one are trying to reconcile the fact that the world is going to end. There is a veteran broadcaster in London, a 16-year old girl and her boyfriend in Ann Arbor, Michigan, and a devoted family man in Shanghai. They each try to make peace with their lives before an interstellar event ends the world in just six hours. No producer yet but Jesse Ehrman and Andrew Fischel brought it in for Warner Bros. CAA repped the writer. This happened just after Universal acquired Grim Night.
Warner Bros Buys Apocalyptic Spec 'The End'
What's Hot on Deadline
Nicholas Hoult, Luke Evans & Henry Cavill Suit Up For War Drama ‘Sand Castle’; Mark Gordon Co, Treehouse Producing
Latest Film News
- Cameron Thor Sentencing Postponed As Acting Coach Hires Mark Geragos
- Creative Artists Agency Book Promises To Surprise, Will Hit Store Shelves Next Summer
- ‘Hail, Caesar!’ Trailer: Coen Brothers’ Latest Looks Like Best-Of Reel (In A Good Way)
- Rob Riggle Takes On Drama With ‘Midnight Sun’ Pic
- Wayne Bastrup Takes Flight In ‘Sully’; Beau Knapp Enlists In ‘Sand Castle’
- Timothy Spall And Colm Meaney In ‘The Journey’: First Look