EXCLUSIVE: The spec market has been as dead as disco lately, but Warner Bros just closed the second deal of the night. The studio has acquired The End, a science fiction/drama spec script written by Aron Eli Coleite. The film focuses on three completely different storylines that are interconnected by the fact that the players in each one are trying to reconcile the fact that the world is going to end. There is a veteran broadcaster in London, a 16-year old girl and her boyfriend in Ann Arbor, Michigan, and a devoted family man in Shanghai. They each try to make peace with their lives before an interstellar event ends the world in just six hours. No producer yet but Jesse Ehrman and Andrew Fischel brought it in for Warner Bros. CAA repped the writer. This happened just after Universal acquired Grim Night.
Warner Bros Buys Apocalyptic Spec 'The End'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Criminal’ Trailer: Kevin Costner Is The Right Man In The Wrong Body
- Parkes + Macdonald & Image Nation Abu Dhabi Acquire Rights To Iconic French Naval Explorer Jacques Cousteau – Berlin
- UK Hits ‘Star Wars’ Producers With Criminal Charges Over Harrison Ford On-Set Accident
- ‘The Brothers Grimsby’: Trailer Or Titillating Clip “Shown” On ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live’ – Which Works…
- Saban Acquires Jackie Chan’s ‘Skiptrace’ For U.S.; Maggie Q Joins ‘Slumber’ – Berlin
- Magnolia Acquires Greg Kinnear-Starring ‘Little Men’