EXCLUSIVE: The spec market has been as dead as disco lately, but Warner Bros just closed the second deal of the night. The studio has acquired The End, a science fiction/drama spec script written by Aron Eli Coleite. The film focuses on three completely different storylines that are interconnected by the fact that the players in each one are trying to reconcile the fact that the world is going to end. There is a veteran broadcaster in London, a 16-year old girl and her boyfriend in Ann Arbor, Michigan, and a devoted family man in Shanghai. They each try to make peace with their lives before an interstellar event ends the world in just six hours. No producer yet but Jesse Ehrman and Andrew Fischel brought it in for Warner Bros. CAA repped the writer. This happened just after Universal acquired Grim Night.
Warner Bros Buys Apocalyptic Spec 'The End'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Hidden Figures' Calculates $27M+ Weekend, 'Rogue' Passes $500M, Other Movies Bomb Over MLK -Tuesday AM Update
Latest Film News
- Tupac Shakur Biopic ‘All Eyez On Me’ Gets Summer Release From Lionsgate’s Summit
- Will Donald Trump Strip The FCC Of Some Of Its Regulatory Clout?
- ‘XXX: Return Of Xander Cage’ Nabs Investment From China’s Huahua & SFG
- Richard Armitage Joins ‘Ocean’s Eight’ Cast
- Ed Norton, Bella Thorne & More Join Meryl Streep To Voice TWC’s ‘Guardian Brothers’
- Curzon To Be Honored At BAFTA Film Awards; Maisie Williams Joins Aardman’s ‘Early Man’ — Global Briefs