EXCLUSIVE: The spec market has been as dead as disco lately, but Warner Bros just closed the second deal of the night. The studio has acquired The End, a science fiction/drama spec script written by Aron Eli Coleite. The film focuses on three completely different storylines that are interconnected by the fact that the players in each one are trying to reconcile the fact that the world is going to end. There is a veteran broadcaster in London, a 16-year old girl and her boyfriend in Ann Arbor, Michigan, and a devoted family man in Shanghai. They each try to make peace with their lives before an interstellar event ends the world in just six hours. No producer yet but Jesse Ehrman and Andrew Fischel brought it in for Warner Bros. CAA repped the writer. This happened just after Universal acquired Grim Night.
Warner Bros Buys Apocalyptic Spec 'The End'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $285M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- SXSW Apollo Documentary ‘Mission Control’ Rockets To Gravitas Ventures
- ‘Beauty And The Beast’ Roars On To Tracking, Looking To Shake Up March Records – Box Office
- China’s Recon Buys 51% Of Millennium Films For $100M
- India Censor Denies Release Of ‘Lipstick Under My Burkha’; Cites “Lady Oriented” Story
- Toronto Film Fest Reducing Lineup By 20%; Retires Vanguard, City To City Sections
- WGA Membership Meeting Shows Guild On Strike Footing As Contract Talks Loom