EXCLUSIVE: The spec market has been as dead as disco lately, but Warner Bros just closed the second deal of the night. The studio has acquired The End, a science fiction/drama spec script written by Aron Eli Coleite. The film focuses on three completely different storylines that are interconnected by the fact that the players in each one are trying to reconcile the fact that the world is going to end. There is a veteran broadcaster in London, a 16-year old girl and her boyfriend in Ann Arbor, Michigan, and a devoted family man in Shanghai. They each try to make peace with their lives before an interstellar event ends the world in just six hours. No producer yet but Jesse Ehrman and Andrew Fischel brought it in for Warner Bros. CAA repped the writer. This happened just after Universal acquired Grim Night.
Warner Bros Buys Apocalyptic Spec 'The End'
What's Hot on Deadline
Chris Pratt, Will Ferrell & Melissa McCarthy In Play After UTA Lands 5 Major CAA Comedy Agents - Update
Latest Film News
- ‘The 100-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out The Window And Disappeared’ Trailer: Centenarians Rule
- UTA Lands Chris Pratt: ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy’ Star Moves From CAA With Longtime Agents
- ‘Midnight Rider’ Producer Film Allman Contests Safety Citation In Court
- ‘Apostle Paul’ With Hugh Jackman Sainted By Warner Bros.
- Chris Pratt, Will Ferrell & Melissa McCarthy In Play After UTA Lands 5 Major CAA Comedy Agents – Update
- ‘Mad Max: Fury Road’ Trailer: Tom Hardy In High Gear Across The Wasteland