EXCLUSIVE: The spec market has been as dead as disco lately, but Warner Bros just closed the second deal of the night. The studio has acquired The End, a science fiction/drama spec script written by Aron Eli Coleite. The film focuses on three completely different storylines that are interconnected by the fact that the players in each one are trying to reconcile the fact that the world is going to end. There is a veteran broadcaster in London, a 16-year old girl and her boyfriend in Ann Arbor, Michigan, and a devoted family man in Shanghai. They each try to make peace with their lives before an interstellar event ends the world in just six hours. No producer yet but Jesse Ehrman and Andrew Fischel brought it in for Warner Bros. CAA repped the writer. This happened just after Universal acquired Grim Night.
Warner Bros Buys Apocalyptic Spec 'The End'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Blade Runner' Nears $100M Offshore, Has Soft Korea Open; 'Kingsman' Closes In On $200M - International Box Office
'Saturday Night Live' Ratings Rise To Season Highs With Host Kumail Nanjiani, Donald Trump & Harvey Weinstein Skits
Latest Film News
- ‘It Happened In L.A.’: The Orchard Unveils Trailer & Release Date For Michelle Morgan’s Dating Comedy
- ‘What Haunts Us’ Trailer: Complicit Silence About Sexual Predator Burdens Town In Timely Docu
- ‘Only The Brave’ Review: Josh Brolin Leads Powerful Story Of Granite Mountain Hotshots
- CSA Announces Open Casting Call For Transgender Actors
- Netflix Reports 5.3 Million New Global Subscribers In Q3 After Stock Sets Record
- Producers Guild Board Votes Unanimously To Expel Harvey Weinsteino