EXCLUSIVE: We’ve learned that the crew of Syfy’s competition reality series Face Off walked off the job yesterday in an effort to obtain a contract with IATSE, the union that represents film and TV crew members. Production on the series’ upcoming second season remained dark today. Syfy had no comment but Gemini 3, the company that employs the crew on the show, issued the following statement in response to our inquiry: “Gemini 3 is in the process of negotiating with IATSE in order to work out a resolution.” Face Off, which features up-and-coming SFX makeup artists competing in a series of challenges, was renewed in March after averaging 1.4 million viewers in its first season. Dwight D. Smith and Michael Agbabian of Mission Control are executive producing. The process of unionizing reality series has been slow and not always smooth. The biggest skirmish came last fall, when the crew of NBC’s The Biggest Loser went on strike for two weeks until its producers reached a labor agreement with IATSE.
Unionization Effort Shuts Down Production On Syfy Reality Series 'Face Off'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Gods Of Egypt': 'Selma' Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity - Update
Black Friday Box Office Explodes: Top 20 Pics +112% Over Thanksgiving; Katniss Eyes $74.4M 5-Day - Saturday AM Update
Two-Time Oscar Winner Jane Fonda Back In The Hunt For 'Youth' Three Decades After Her Last Nomination
Universal Lands Hot Novel 'The Girl Before'; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
Latest TV News
- Al Markim, Who Played Astro In Pioneering ‘Tom Corbett, Space Cadet,’ Dies At 88
- ‘MasterChef Jr.’ Ratings Down, ‘Amazing Race’ Even, ‘Santa Claus’ Matches 2014
- ‘NFL On CBS’ Snags Strong Thanksgiving Day Ratings
- Marvel’s ‘Agent Carter’ Season 2 Teaser: Hayley Atwell Kicks Butt In Hollywood
- Thanksgiving NFL Matchup Draws 27.8M Viewers, 2nd-Most Ever For NBC Primetime Regular-Season Game – Update
- French Media Dedicates Coverage To Emotional Memorial Service For Victims Of Paris Attacks