Michael Arndt, an Oscar-nominated screenwriter on Toy Story 3, has come aboard Disney’s feature version of Phineas and Ferb, Deadline confirmed Friday. Arndt, who also was among scribes on Rock of Ages and an Oscar winner for Little Miss Sunshine, is doing a polish on the script by the Disney Channel series creators Jeff “Swampy” Marsh and Dan Povenmire. Addition of Arndt to the mix illustrates the importance to Disney of transferring the whimsical stepbrothers’ adventures to the big screen. The plotline for the Phineas and Ferb movie hasn’t been revealed, but the LA Times reported that unlike the TV show it will be a mix of live-action and animation. It’s scheduled to hit theaters July 26, 2013, accompanied by scads of licensed marketing tie-ins.
'Toy Story 3' Scribe Michael Arndt To Take A Crack At Disney's 'Phineas And Ferb'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Uncharted' Reconfigured: 'Spider-Man Homecoming's Tom Holland To Play Young Nathan Drake For Shawn Levy
'Criminal Minds': Kirsten Vangsness & A.J. Cook In Limbo Over Parity Push As Joe Mantegna & Matthew Gray Gubler Re-Up
Universal Brands New Monster Movies As 'Dark Universe'; Bill Condon's 'Bride Of Frankenstein' Up Next In 2019 - Video
Why 'Alien: Covenant' Lost Its Bite At The B.O. With $36.1M Opening, -34% From 'Prometheus' -- Box Office Final
Latest Film News
- Joss Whedon To Wrap Up ‘Justice League’ Movie After Snyder Family Tragedy
- Joey King, Julia Goldani-Telles & More Join ‘Slender Man’ From Director Sylvain White
- Women Lead The Charge Toward A Gender Balance Not Seen In The History Of Entertainment — Deadline Disruptors
- When The Film Academy Invites New Members, Keep An Eye On That Growing Documentary Branch
- The Orchard Lands Cannes Competition Pic ‘BPM’; Samuel Goldwyn Inhales Tribeca’s ‘Holy Air’
- ‘The Originals’ Danielle Campbell Boards 'You Can Choose Your Family'