Magnolia Pictures has acquired U.S. rights to Take This Waltz, the film written and directed by Sarah Polley that stars Michelle Williams, Seth Rogen, Luke Kirby and Sarah Silverman. The film made its debut as an acquisitions title at the 2011 Toronto International Film Festival. Williams plays a young woman struggling to choose between her husband and another man she has fallen in love with. The deal was made with TF1 International. Magnolia plans an early summer 2012 theatrical release, and the film will be part of its Ultra VOD program.
Toronto: Magnolia Acquires Sarah Polley's 'Take This Waltz'
What's Hot on Deadline
'It' Becoming Biggest Horror Pic Ever Beating 'The Exorcist'; 'Annabelle: Creation' Scares Up $100M+
Brian Kilmeade Whines Jimmy Kimmel "Attacked Me" After Being Called "Phony Little Creep" In Health Care Fracas
'America's Got Talent' Finale Ratings Hit 6-Year High, 'MasterChef' Down From 2016, 'Big Brother' Up
Latest Film News
- AFM 2017: Films From 32 Female Directors To Screen So Far, Only Handful Are U.S. Produced
- ‘Peter Rabbit’ Trailer: James Corden Hops In As The Kid-Lit Legend
- The Deadline Podcast: “Fired Directors”, With Guest Ted Kotcheff
- Tom Hanks To Star In ‘A Man Called Ove’ Remake
- Wes Anderson’s ‘Isle Of Dogs’ Trailer Is Most Fetching
- Samuel Goldwyn Films Acquires NA Rights To ‘Sweet Country’