Magnolia Pictures has acquired U.S. rights to Take This Waltz, the film written and directed by Sarah Polley that stars Michelle Williams, Seth Rogen, Luke Kirby and Sarah Silverman. The film made its debut as an acquisitions title at the 2011 Toronto International Film Festival. Williams plays a young woman struggling to choose between her husband and another man she has fallen in love with. The deal was made with TF1 International. Magnolia plans an early summer 2012 theatrical release, and the film will be part of its Ultra VOD program.
Toronto: Magnolia Acquires Sarah Polley's 'Take This Waltz'
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon' Showrunner Josh Lieb Departs For Uni TV Overall Deal, Trio Promoted To Run Show
Latest Film News
- EuropaCorp Boards English-Language Remake of Japanese Thriller 'Shield of Straw'
- ‘The Conjuring’s Hayes Brothers Writing Duo Sign With CAA
- ‘Madea Halloween’ Gets $28.5M Treat, ‘Jack Reacher,’ $22.8M, ‘Ouija’ Grabs $14M, ‘Joneses’ Tanks…
- Peter Jackson & Fran Walsh Rev ‘Mortal Engines’; Directing Debut For ‘Hobbit’ VFX Protege…
- Why Does Time Warner Want To Sell To AT&T, And What Will It Mean For Media?
- Margot Robbie Near Deal To Join ‘Peter Rabbit’