Magnolia Pictures has acquired U.S. rights to Take This Waltz, the film written and directed by Sarah Polley that stars Michelle Williams, Seth Rogen, Luke Kirby and Sarah Silverman. The film made its debut as an acquisitions title at the 2011 Toronto International Film Festival. Williams plays a young woman struggling to choose between her husband and another man she has fallen in love with. The deal was made with TF1 International. Magnolia plans an early summer 2012 theatrical release, and the film will be part of its Ultra VOD program.
Toronto: Magnolia Acquires Sarah Polley's 'Take This Waltz'
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Fleming Jr
- Ben Affleck, Others Stumping For Bradley Cooper's 'American Sniper' Performance
- Did Sony Or Exhibitors Kill 'The Interview?'
- Did We All Help North Korea Hackers Murder Free Speech This Week?
- Sony Pictures Acquires Robert Rodriguez & His Frank Frazetta Homage 'Fire And Ice'
- Anthony Mackie, Helmer Justin Simien 'Make A Wish' At Paramount