Magnolia Pictures has acquired U.S. rights to Take This Waltz, the film written and directed by Sarah Polley that stars Michelle Williams, Seth Rogen, Luke Kirby and Sarah Silverman. The film made its debut as an acquisitions title at the 2011 Toronto International Film Festival. Williams plays a young woman struggling to choose between her husband and another man she has fallen in love with. The deal was made with TF1 International. Magnolia plans an early summer 2012 theatrical release, and the film will be part of its Ultra VOD program.
Toronto: Magnolia Acquires Sarah Polley's 'Take This Waltz'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Dunkirk' Takes WB Past $1B Mark; 'Girls Trip' Record Opening For Malcolm D. Lee; Reasons Why 'Valerian' Crashed - Update
'Dunkirk' Takes Box Office By Storm With $55.4M No. 1 Spot For $105M+ Global Opening - Int'l Box Office
Latest Film News
- ‘Dunkirk’ Takes Box Office By Storm With $55.4M No. 1 Spot For $105M+ Global Opening – Int’l…
- ‘Dunkirk’ Takes WB Past $1B Mark; ‘Girls Trip’ Record Opening For Malcolm D. Lee; Reasons Why ‘Valerian’ Crashed…
- Venice Film Festival: Edgar Wright, Rebecca Hall, John Landis & More Get Jury Duty
- ‘Avengers: Infinity War’ Is Marvel’s Grand Finale At Hall H Presentation – Comic-Con
- Marvel’s ‘Black Panther’ Leaves A Big Footprint In Hall H – Comic-Con
- ‘Thor: Ragnarok’ Trailer Stomps Into Hall H With Battling Superheroes – Comic-Con