EXCLUSIVE: Battlestar Galactica alumna Tricia Helfer has been cast as the lead in TNT’s drama pilot Scent Of The Missing. Veteran Gerald McRaney will co-star in the project, co-written/executive produced by CSI maven Carol Mendelsohn, Melissa R. Byer and Treena Hancock based on the book by Susannah Charleson. Scent Of The Missing centers on Susannah (Helfer), a tenacious, strong-willed K-9 Search and Rescue volunteer who works with an equally determined partner — her mischievous golden retriever, Puzzle. McRaney will play her father, Jerry. The dog has not been cast yet. CBS Television Studios is producing the pilot, with Barry Josephson and Julie Weitz also executive producing. Helfer, who co-starred in Ron Moore’s NBC drama pilot 17th Precinct last season, has a major recurring role on NBC’s midseason series The Firm. McRaney, repped by Stone Manners Salners and Course Management, recently starred in another TNT pilot, Bird Dog.
TNT Pilot 'Scent Of The Missing' Sets Tricia Helfer As Lead, Gerald McRaney To Co-Star
What's Hot on Deadline
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
Ellen Barkin Says "Never Get Into An Elevator Alone With Terry Gilliam" After His Criticism Of #MeToo Movement
Latest TV News
- ‘SNL’: Anderson Cooper Addresses White House Firings; John Goodman & Fred Armisen Make Surprise Visits
- ‘Will & Grace’ Cast React To Season 3 Renewal; Talk Favorite Guest Stars
- ‘Will & Grace’ Revival Renewed For Season 3 By NBC, Season 2 Expanded
- ‘Harry & Meghan’ Teaser: First Look At The Lifetime Royal Romance
- ‘Scandal’ Wraps Production Of Series Finale In A Blaze Of Social-Media Glory
- NCAA Nabs Friday’s Top Spot, ‘MasterChef Junior’ Strong, ‘Taken’ Grabs Season High Crowd