EXCLUSIVE: Battlestar Galactica alumna Tricia Helfer has been cast as the lead in TNT’s drama pilot Scent Of The Missing. Veteran Gerald McRaney will co-star in the project, co-written/executive produced by CSI maven Carol Mendelsohn, Melissa R. Byer and Treena Hancock based on the book by Susannah Charleson. Scent Of The Missing centers on Susannah (Helfer), a tenacious, strong-willed K-9 Search and Rescue volunteer who works with an equally determined partner — her mischievous golden retriever, Puzzle. McRaney will play her father, Jerry. The dog has not been cast yet. CBS Television Studios is producing the pilot, with Barry Josephson and Julie Weitz also executive producing. Helfer, who co-starred in Ron Moore’s NBC drama pilot 17th Precinct last season, has a major recurring role on NBC’s midseason series The Firm. McRaney, repped by Stone Manners Salners and Course Management, recently starred in another TNT pilot, Bird Dog.
TNT Pilot 'Scent Of The Missing' Sets Tricia Helfer As Lead, Gerald McRaney To Co-Star
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Actress Accuses 'Girls' EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him - Update
Latest TV News
- ‘Parks & Recreation’ Creator Mike Schur: “Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey;” ‘The Leftovers’ Damon Lindelof Regrets Jokes About…
- Lena Dunham Apologizes For Murray Miller Defense Amid Assault Allegations
- ‘Scandal’ Cast Talks Normalizing “The Other” And A Happy Ending For The Shondaland Show
- Hollywood Split Over Al Franken; Former ‘SNL’ Cast Members Take Sides
- Univision & Verizon Reach Deal, Ending Blackout And Restoring Stations
- David Cassidy Hospitalized With Reported Organ Failure