EXCLUSIVE: Battlestar Galactica alumna Tricia Helfer has been cast as the lead in TNT’s drama pilot Scent Of The Missing. Veteran Gerald McRaney will co-star in the project, co-written/executive produced by CSI maven Carol Mendelsohn, Melissa R. Byer and Treena Hancock based on the book by Susannah Charleson. Scent Of The Missing centers on Susannah (Helfer), a tenacious, strong-willed K-9 Search and Rescue volunteer who works with an equally determined partner — her mischievous golden retriever, Puzzle. McRaney will play her father, Jerry. The dog has not been cast yet. CBS Television Studios is producing the pilot, with Barry Josephson and Julie Weitz also executive producing. Helfer, who co-starred in Ron Moore’s NBC drama pilot 17th Precinct last season, has a major recurring role on NBC’s midseason series The Firm. McRaney, repped by Stone Manners Salners and Course Management, recently starred in another TNT pilot, Bird Dog.
TNT Pilot 'Scent Of The Missing' Sets Tricia Helfer As Lead, Gerald McRaney To Co-Star
What's Hot on Deadline
'Mr. Robot' Season 3 Finale Shocker: Sam Esmail On Tonight's Revelation, Surprise Guest & What's Next In Season 4
ABC Pulls 'The Great American Baking Show' & Axes Judge Johnny Iuzzini Amid Sexual Misconduct Allegations
Latest TV News
- Tavis Smiley Vows To “Fight” PBS’s “Sloppy Investigation” And Press Report Plant
- Sandy Hook Five Years Later: Celebrities, Pundits & Politicians Remember
- ‘The Simpsons’ Predicted Disney Would Buy Fox 19 Years Ago
- People’s Choice Awards Sets Premiere Date For Inaugural Telecast On E!
- Disney-Fox Deal: Murdochs On ‘New Fox’ Strategy And “The Next Great Leg Of Our Journey”
- How Disney’s Streaming Dreams And Nightmares Over Silicon Valley Invasion Drove Fox Deal