The Dark Knight Rises, which has been shooting in Los Angeles and other settings worldwide, is about to head for New York City locales that may include the vicinity of Occupy Wall Street protests, the Los Angeles Times reports. Producers of the third movie in Christopher Nolan’s vision of the Batman saga recently issued a casting call under the code name “Magnus Rex,” and cast members have been told the shoot could include scenes shot at the Occupy Wall Street protests. Those demonstrations likely will be taking place during the two-week period the Warner Bros-Legendary Pictures production is scheduled to be shooting in the city that happens to be nicknamed Gotham, starting October 29. That doesn’t mean specifics of the protests will figure in the storyline, but they could add authenticity to themes of the franchise. The shoot was planned months ago, and Nolan most likely would use the protests as a backdrop for something that’s already in his script. Exact locations remain secret, but the casting call specified that interested actors should have “military and/or law enforcement training/experience, weapons training, and/or martial arts training.” Maybe they’re also recruiting for location security.
'The Dark Knight Rises' NYC Location Shoots May Occupy Wall Street
What's Hot on Deadline
'Gods Of Egypt': 'Selma' Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity - Update
Thanksgiving Box Office +12% Over 2014, Boosted By 'Mockingjay 2', 'Good Dinosaur' & 'Creed' - Sunday AM Final Update
China Makes Space For ‘The Martian’ As ‘Good Dinosaur’ Snatches Eggs From No. 1 ‘Mockingjay 2’ – Intl B.O. Update
’The Danish Girl’ Bows With Style; 'Janis: Little Girl Blue' Solid In Debut; 'Carol’ Dominates Thanksgiving: Specialty B.O.
Latest Film News
- China Makes Space For 'The Martian' As 'Good Dinosaur' Snatches Eggs From No. 1 'Mockingjay 2' – Intl B.O. Update
- 'The Danish Girl' Bows With Style; ‘Janis: Little Girl Blue’ Solid In Debut; ‘Carol' Dominates Thanksgiving: Specialty…
- ‘The Assassin’, ‘Carol’, ‘Mad Max: Fury Road’ Top BFI Sight & Sound’s Best Of 2015
- Will DiCaprio, Depp Or Smith Nab Best Actor Oscar Or Does Redmayne Take It Again? — Awardsline
- ‘Gods Of Egypt’: ‘Selma’ Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity…
- ‘Steve Jobs’ Composer Daniel Pemberton: Video Of ‘Circle Of Machines’ Performance