Syfy has picked up Total Blackout, a half-hour comedic game show from FremantleMedia North America that places contestants in complete darkness to compete in challenges. The series will start production October 18 for a 2012 premiere. Jaleel White (Family Matters) will host. The format has already launched internationally in a dozen countries, including Belgium, Denmark, Greece, Japan, Netherlands, Norway, Russia, and Sweden. Total Blackout was created by Henrik Nielsen (Can You Duet?), who executive produces with Jeff Apploff.
Syfy Picks Up 'Total Blackout' Game Show
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- 'NCIS: Los Angeles' Cuts Into 'Scorpion' On West Coast
- Cindy Chupack Sells Girlfriends Comedy To ABC
- Fred Goss Family Comedy Gets ABC Put Pilot Commitment
- ABC Family Picks Up 'Stitchers' And 'Young & Hungry', Cancels 'Mystery Girls', Passes On 'Unstrung'
- Jenna Elfman Inks Development Deal With 20th TV To Topline New Series
- 'Once Upon A Time' & 'Family Guy' Soar; 'Resurrection', 'Revenge' & 'CSI' Down In Return – Ratings Rat Race