Syfy has picked up Total Blackout, a half-hour comedic game show from FremantleMedia North America that places contestants in complete darkness to compete in challenges. The series will start production October 18 for a 2012 premiere. Jaleel White (Family Matters) will host. The format has already launched internationally in a dozen countries, including Belgium, Denmark, Greece, Japan, Netherlands, Norway, Russia, and Sweden. Total Blackout was created by Henrik Nielsen (Can You Duet?), who executive produces with Jeff Apploff.
Syfy Picks Up 'Total Blackout' Game Show
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fear The Walking Dead' Finale: Gale Anne Hurd On Season 2, 'Walking Dead' Season 6 & No Zombie Apocalypse Crossover
'Martian' 2nd-Best Opening For October, Damon & Scott Despite Losing Fuel Sunday; Verdi Trips 'Walk' - B.O. Postmortem
'Collateral Beauty' Director Alfonso Gomez-Rejon Exits Project Over Creative Differences With Studio
Latest TV News
- ‘Gotham’ EP On Tonight’s Joker Origin Shocker & Honoring The Batman Legacy
- Roger Bart Joins ‘Graves’ On Epix; Tembi Locke In USA Pilot ‘Shooter’
- Harvey Weinstein & BBC Debut ‘War And Peace’ Footage, Talk Future Collaborations – Mipcom
- Does Lionsgate Have Starz In Its Eyes?
- Nancy Drew Drama Series In Works At CBS
- Endemol Shine CEO Defends TV Business: “We Have Never Had It So Good” – Mipcom