Syfy has picked up Total Blackout, a half-hour comedic game show from FremantleMedia North America that places contestants in complete darkness to compete in challenges. The series will start production October 18 for a 2012 premiere. Jaleel White (Family Matters) will host. The format has already launched internationally in a dozen countries, including Belgium, Denmark, Greece, Japan, Netherlands, Norway, Russia, and Sweden. Total Blackout was created by Henrik Nielsen (Can You Duet?), who executive produces with Jeff Apploff.
Syfy Picks Up 'Total Blackout' Game Show
Trending Now on Deadline
Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup
More From Andreeva
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox
- Resolution's Cynthia Booth & Emma Lewis Join Don Buchwald & Associates
- Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup