EXCLUSIVE: Syfy is developing a TV series based on this year’s MRC/Universal Pictures movie The Adjustment Bureau, which was written, directed and produced by George Nolfi and starred Matt Damon and Emily Blunt. Former Smallville executive producers Darren Swimmer and Todd Slavkin are writing the TV adaptation, which is being produced by MRC. Nolfi is executive producing with Swimmer and Slavkin, with Michael Hackett, a producer on the feature, serving as co-executive producer. The 2011 sci-fi thriller, based on Philip K. Dick’s short story Adjustment Team centered on a rising politician (Damon) whose budding romance with a dancer (Blunt) is intercepted by the Adjustment Bureau, a secret organization with special powers, which uses them to ensure that people’s lives follow the chairman of the Bureau’s plan for them. MRC doesn’t normally do traditional network development, but the deal for The Adjustment Bureau stems from the fact that Syfy is a sister network of Universal Pictures, which released the MRC-produced movie. In addition to Adjustment Bureau, WME-repped Slavkin and Swimmer also are writing a high-tech character-driven procedural for NBC and Wolf Films.
Syfy Developing TV Series Version Of Movie 'The Adjustment Bureau'
What's Hot on Deadline
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
Disney Channel Launching Toon Series 'Amphibia' & 'The Owl House', Renews 'Star Vs. The Forces Of Evil' For Season 4
Latest TV News
- Broadcast Series Renewals & Cancellations: The List So Far
- ‘Vida’ Showrunner Tanya Saracho Inks Overall Deal With Starz
- ‘The Bisexual’ Casts; Portugal Offers $3.5M Incentives; ITV Eyes More ‘Full Monty’ – Global Briefs
- ‘Grand Hotel’: Roselyn Sanchez To Star In ABC Drama Pilot, Ken Olin To Direct
- Donald Trump Touts NRA Plan To Arm Teachers At CPAC
- Netflix Gets Makeover With Property Original ‘Amazing On The Inside’