EXCLUSIVE: Syfy is developing a TV series based on this year’s MRC/Universal Pictures movie The Adjustment Bureau, which was written, directed and produced by George Nolfi and starred Matt Damon and Emily Blunt. Former Smallville executive producers Darren Swimmer and Todd Slavkin are writing the TV adaptation, which is being produced by MRC. Nolfi is executive producing with Swimmer and Slavkin, with Michael Hackett, a producer on the feature, serving as co-executive producer. The 2011 sci-fi thriller, based on Philip K. Dick’s short story Adjustment Team centered on a rising politician (Damon) whose budding romance with a dancer (Blunt) is intercepted by the Adjustment Bureau, a secret organization with special powers, which uses them to ensure that people’s lives follow the chairman of the Bureau’s plan for them. MRC doesn’t normally do traditional network development, but the deal for The Adjustment Bureau stems from the fact that Syfy is a sister network of Universal Pictures, which released the MRC-produced movie. In addition to Adjustment Bureau, WME-repped Slavkin and Swimmer also are writing a high-tech character-driven procedural for NBC and Wolf Films.
Syfy Developing TV Series Version Of Movie 'The Adjustment Bureau'
What's Hot on Deadline
Sarah Silverman Calls Fellow Bernie Sanders Supporters "Ridiculous"; Al Franken Rips Donald Trump At DNC - Update
DNC Gavels In As Talk Swirls Of Bernie Sanders' Name Being Put In Nomination; Ohio Rep. Made Convention Chair
Toronto To Open With 'The Magnificent Seven'; 'La La Land', 'Deepwater Horizon' Among Galas & Presentations
Latest TV News
- DNC Day 1 Broadcast Ratings Tick Up From RNC, ‘The Bachelorette’ Steady
- Spike Orders ‘Caraoke Showdown’ Game Show Series Hosted By Craig Robinson
- ‘Designated Survivor’: Virginia Madsen Joins New ABC Series In Key Role
- Stephen Colbert Guest Anthony Weiner Demonstrates Why Politicians In Sexting Scandals Should Not Try Comedy
- Digital Domain Sets 360° Virtual Reality Livestream Of Democratic Convention
- AMC Networks Launching Five MENA Channels With Qatar’s beIN Pay TV Platform