IFC’s Sundance Selects has acquired North American rights to writer-director Julia Loktev’s festival drama The Loneliest Planet, which stars Gael Garcia Bernal, Hani Furstenberg and Bidzina Gujabidze in the tale of a young couple backpacking in the Caucasus mountains who find their love tested when the threat of violence enters their idyllic journey. Jay Van Hoy, Lars Knudsen, Marie Therese Guirgis, and Helge Albers produced the movie, which has played at Locarno, Toronto and the New York festivals. This is the second pairing of IFC and Loktev after IFC Films released her Day Night Day Night in 2007.
Sundance Selects On 'The Loneliest Planet'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Tessa Thompson Joins Sony’s ‘Men In Black’ Offshoot
- ‘The Spy Who Dumped Me’ Teaser Trailer: Mila Kunis & Kate McKinnon Vs. The Bad Guys
- No. 7 ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’ Box Office Profits – 2017 Most Valuable Blockbuster Tournament
- New Hollywood Podcast: Shangela Dishes On ‘RuPaul’s Drag Race’ Queens And Working On The Remake Of ‘A Star Is Born…
- This Year’s Invitees To The Film Academy May Want To Conduct A Risk Assessment
- Michael Landes Joins ‘Angel Has Fallen’; Craig Di Francia Cast In ‘The Irishman’