IFC’s Sundance Selects has acquired North American rights to writer-director Julia Loktev’s festival drama The Loneliest Planet, which stars Gael Garcia Bernal, Hani Furstenberg and Bidzina Gujabidze in the tale of a young couple backpacking in the Caucasus mountains who find their love tested when the threat of violence enters their idyllic journey. Jay Van Hoy, Lars Knudsen, Marie Therese Guirgis, and Helge Albers produced the movie, which has played at Locarno, Toronto and the New York festivals. This is the second pairing of IFC and Loktev after IFC Films released her Day Night Day Night in 2007.
Sundance Selects On 'The Loneliest Planet'
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can't Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest Film News
- Bill Paxton Tribute: The Man Behind The Actor
- Comedy Dynamics Books ‘Chee And T’; Kino Lorber Nabs Two Venice Film Fest Pics
- This Is Not A Joke: ‘La La Land’ Producer Jordan Horowitz Talks Oscars’ “Surreal Moment” On ‘GMA…
- Hayao Miyazaki Comes Out Of Retirement For New Feature
- Jordan Peele’s ‘Get Out’ Jumps To $33.4M Opening – Monday AM Box Office Update
- Steve Harvey To Warren Beatty: “Call Me”