IFC’s Sundance Selects has acquired North American rights to writer-director Julia Loktev’s festival drama The Loneliest Planet, which stars Gael Garcia Bernal, Hani Furstenberg and Bidzina Gujabidze in the tale of a young couple backpacking in the Caucasus mountains who find their love tested when the threat of violence enters their idyllic journey. Jay Van Hoy, Lars Knudsen, Marie Therese Guirgis, and Helge Albers produced the movie, which has played at Locarno, Toronto and the New York festivals. This is the second pairing of IFC and Loktev after IFC Films released her Day Night Day Night in 2007.
Sundance Selects On 'The Loneliest Planet'
Trending Now on Deadline
'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
More From Team
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…
- 'High Profits': New CNN Series Profiles Colorado Pot Business Owners
- Mary McCormack & Alicia Witt Join 'House Of Lies'; Lindsey Gort In 'Self Promotion'
- Courtney Love To Guest Star In Fox's 'Empire'
- 'Good Morning America' Ratings Lead Morning Infotainment Race
- Zachary Booth, Bill Irwin, Six More Round Out 'South Of Hell' Cast On WE TV