IFC’s Sundance Selects has landed North American rights to Bess Kargman’s documentary First Position, which offers a glimpse at six aspiring ballet dancers in training for a prestigious competition. The film bowed at last month’s Toronto International Film Festival and was first runner-up for best documentary, and has fest dates in Vancouver and the Hamptons planned. The deal was negotiated by Arianna Bocco and Betsy Rodgers for Sundance Selects with Josh Braun at Submarine on behalf of the filmmaker. The film also landed a six-figure pact with Hopscotch for distribution in Australia and New Zealand.
Sundance Selects Lands 'First Position'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Stephen Dorff Will Put On ‘Leatherface’ For Millennium’s ‘Texas Chainsaw Massacre’ Prequel
- Broadway Will Dim Lights In Memory Of Director Gene Saks
- Bleecker Street Sets Amazon Deal
- Knopf Unveils ‘The Girl In The Spider’s Web’, Next Installment Of Stieg Larsson’s Millennium Series
- Rachel Weisz In Talks To Star Opposite Colin Firth In Donald Crowhurst Biopic
- Cannes In Focus On Femme Filmmakers; BAFTA Seeks Comedy Scripts: Global Briefs