IFC’s Sundance Selects has landed North American rights to Bess Kargman’s documentary First Position, which offers a glimpse at six aspiring ballet dancers in training for a prestigious competition. The film bowed at last month’s Toronto International Film Festival and was first runner-up for best documentary, and has fest dates in Vancouver and the Hamptons planned. The deal was negotiated by Arianna Bocco and Betsy Rodgers for Sundance Selects with Josh Braun at Submarine on behalf of the filmmaker. The film also landed a six-figure pact with Hopscotch for distribution in Australia and New Zealand.
Sundance Selects Lands 'First Position'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Sundance Title ‘The Innocents’ Picked Up By Music Box Films
- Parkes + MacDonald Option ‘If All Roads Were Blind’ Novel By ‘Gotham’ & ‘Mentalist’ Producer…
- Sumner Redstone Says Ex-Companion Just After $50M In Old Will, Not His Well-Being
- Joe Dante-Produced Thriller ‘Dark’ Alights At Screen Media
- Sundance’s ‘Other People’ Breakout JJ Totah Inks With WME
- Cassian Elwes Forming Zeal Media Co. With Armory Films Partners Chris Lemole And Tim Zajaros – Berlin