Starz’s new drama series Boss, which has already been renewed for a second season, premiered with a so-so 659,000 viewers at 10 PM on Friday. That was below recent Starz series debuts Spartacus: Gods Of The Arena, (1.098 million), Camelot (1.125 million) and Torchwood: Miracle Day (819,000). Of course, in premium cable ratings often take back seat when making calls on renewals, as evident by HBO’s decisions to stick with such series as Treme, Bored To Death and How To Make It In America. (Though Starz yanked Party Down and Gravity because of weak ratings.) Boss, which stars Kelsey Grammer as an unscrupulous Chicago mayor with a dark secret, averaged 1.05 million viewers for the two Friday airings and 1.72 million for the weekend, also below Gods Of The Arena, Camelot and Torchwood.
Starz's 'Boss' Off To Soft Ratings Start
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox
- Resolution's Cynthia Booth & Emma Lewis Join Don Buchwald & Associates