Starz’s new drama series Boss, which has already been renewed for a second season, premiered with a so-so 659,000 viewers at 10 PM on Friday. That was below recent Starz series debuts Spartacus: Gods Of The Arena, (1.098 million), Camelot (1.125 million) and Torchwood: Miracle Day (819,000). Of course, in premium cable ratings often take back seat when making calls on renewals, as evident by HBO’s decisions to stick with such series as Treme, Bored To Death and How To Make It In America. (Though Starz yanked Party Down and Gravity because of weak ratings.) Boss, which stars Kelsey Grammer as an unscrupulous Chicago mayor with a dark secret, averaged 1.05 million viewers for the two Friday airings and 1.72 million for the weekend, also below Gods Of The Arena, Camelot and Torchwood.
Starz's 'Boss' Off To Soft Ratings Start
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'