Starz’s new drama series Boss, which has already been renewed for a second season, premiered with a so-so 659,000 viewers at 10 PM on Friday. That was below recent Starz series debuts Spartacus: Gods Of The Arena, (1.098 million), Camelot (1.125 million) and Torchwood: Miracle Day (819,000). Of course, in premium cable ratings often take back seat when making calls on renewals, as evident by HBO’s decisions to stick with such series as Treme, Bored To Death and How To Make It In America. (Though Starz yanked Party Down and Gravity because of weak ratings.) Boss, which stars Kelsey Grammer as an unscrupulous Chicago mayor with a dark secret, averaged 1.05 million viewers for the two Friday airings and 1.72 million for the weekend, also below Gods Of The Arena, Camelot and Torchwood.
Starz's 'Boss' Off To Soft Ratings Start
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Donald Trump Delivers Fox News Channel’s Second-Best Town Hall Demo Ratings
- Britney Spears TV Movie In Works At Lifetime; Natasha Bassett To Star
- Jon Favreau To Direct Seth MacFarlane’s Space Comedic Drama Series For Fox
- Double Emmy Nominee Derek McLane on ‘Hairspray Live’, Lady Gaga And ‘The Wiz!’
- Viceland Taps Ex-NBC Late-Night PR Exec Marc Liepis As Head of Communications
- ‘Nashville’: Connie Britton No Longer Regular; Will She Leave Country Drama?