In a strategy to build interest in the new Kelsey Grammer series Boss, Starz beginning today is making the premiere episode available for sampling to 76 million households across multiple platforms in the runup to the October 21 debut. Grammer plays Tom Kane, hardened Machiavellian mayor of Chicago who finds himself struggling with a potentially debilitating medical problem he desperately wants to keep secret. Connie Nielsen plays his wife and Martin Donovan plays his political advisor. Viewers can watch the full debut episode directed by Gus Van Sant on http://www.starz.com/boss and on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/boss.starz and on-demand or online via multiple cable or telco and satellite outlets. Boss creator Farhad Safinia is executive producer along with Grammer, Van Sant, Brian Sher, Stella Bulochnikov, Richard Levine and Lyn Greene. Starz has already renewed Boss, from Lionsgate TV, for a second season before the first one has officially begun.
Starz Offers Full-Episode Previews of Kelsey Grammer's 'Boss'
What's Hot on Deadline
Moviegoers Turn Out For The 'Apocalypse' Over Memorial Day & Chop Off 'Alice's Head - Monday AM Update
'Alice' Sees $65M In Offshore Looking Glass; 'Warcraft' Scores $31.6M; 'X-Men' Cumes $186M - Intl Box Office
Latest TV News
- Annabella Sciorra & Aaron Poole Sign With Abrams Artists Agency; Pantheon Inks Donovan W. Carter, Eva Marcille
- ‘SYTYCD’ & ‘Mistresses’ Off To Slow Start On Memorial Day Against Ratings Record-Breaking NBA Game 7, ‘Roots…
- Netflix Orders 1980s Female Wrestling Comedy Series ‘GLOW’ From Jenji Kohan
- Skyler Gisondo Cast In ‘Santa Clarita Diet’ Netflix Comedy Series
- ‘Top 30’ News Series Set For June Premiere On Fox TV Stations
- Michael Dann Dies: Longtime CBS Programming Chief Was 94