The Visual Effects Society has tapped comic book icon Stan Lee to receive the 2012 VES Lifetime Achievement Award, which will be bestowed February 7 during the group’s VES Awards at the Beverly Hilton. Lee — whose creations with Marvel Comics include Spider-Man, The Incredible Hulk, X-Men and Iron Man before founding his own company POW! Entertainment in 2001 — joins previous winners including George Lucas, Robert Zemeckis, Steven Spielberg, James Cameron and last year’s recipient Ray Harryhausen. “Stan Lee’s imagination has created a completely original and profitable niche in the entertainment world and has allowed visual effects to flex its muscle in service to it,” VES chairman Jeffrey Okun said in announcing the honor today.
Stan Lee To Receive VES Lifetime Nod
What's Hot on Deadline
White House Reporter Dares To Stream Audio Of White House Press Briefing Live; Republic Still Standing
Latest Film News
- ‘UnReal’s Sarah Shapiro To Make Feature Directing Debut For JC Chandor And Amazon: About Females Who Fight Isis
- Iben Akerlie Cast In ‘Mortal’; Levi Meaden Joins ‘Breaking In’
- ‘Pacific Rim: Uprising’ Teaser Trailer: What Is A Jaeger?
- Matt Loeb Re-Elected IATSE President
- ‘Wonderstruck’ Teaser Trailer: Todd Haynes Winks At David Bowie
- Chester Bennington Dies In Apparent Suicide: Linkin Park Singer Was 41