The Visual Effects Society has tapped comic book icon Stan Lee to receive the 2012 VES Lifetime Achievement Award, which will be bestowed February 7 during the group’s VES Awards at the Beverly Hilton. Lee — whose creations with Marvel Comics include Spider-Man, The Incredible Hulk, X-Men and Iron Man before founding his own company POW! Entertainment in 2001 — joins previous winners including George Lucas, Robert Zemeckis, Steven Spielberg, James Cameron and last year’s recipient Ray Harryhausen. “Stan Lee’s imagination has created a completely original and profitable niche in the entertainment world and has allowed visual effects to flex its muscle in service to it,” VES chairman Jeffrey Okun said in announcing the honor today.
Stan Lee To Receive VES Lifetime Nod
What's Hot on Deadline
'Deadpool' Nabs All-Time R-Rated Record Opening: $135M Over 3-Days, $150M+ 4-day - Sunday AM First Update
WGA Awards: 'Spotlight' & 'The Big Short' Take Marquee Film Honors; 'Mad Men', 'Veep' & 'Mr. Robot' Top TV - Full List
Video - Melissa McCarthy Spoofs Hollywood's Audience Test Screenings & Cracks Up Leslie Jones: 'Saturday Night Live'
Latest Film News
- Lionsgate Acquires UK Rights To ‘Ghost Stories’ – Berlin
- Debbie Harry Joins ‘I Am The Pretty Thing That Lives In The House’ – Berlin
- WGA Awards: ‘Spotlight’ & ‘The Big Short’ Take Marquee Film Honors; ‘Mad Men’, ‘Veep’ & ‘Mr. Robot’ Top TV…
- Deadline’s 2016 WGA Awards Live Blog
- Paramount Closes Domestic Deal For George Clooney’s ‘Suburbicon’- Berlin
- Vertical Entertainment Catches Worldwide Rights To Baseball Pic ‘Undrafted’