The Visual Effects Society has tapped comic book icon Stan Lee to receive the 2012 VES Lifetime Achievement Award, which will be bestowed February 7 during the group’s VES Awards at the Beverly Hilton. Lee — whose creations with Marvel Comics include Spider-Man, The Incredible Hulk, X-Men and Iron Man before founding his own company POW! Entertainment in 2001 — joins previous winners including George Lucas, Robert Zemeckis, Steven Spielberg, James Cameron and last year’s recipient Ray Harryhausen. “Stan Lee’s imagination has created a completely original and profitable niche in the entertainment world and has allowed visual effects to flex its muscle in service to it,” VES chairman Jeffrey Okun said in announcing the honor today.
Stan Lee To Receive VES Lifetime Nod
Trending Now on Deadline
'Ouija' Box Office May Scare Up $20M, 'John Wick' No. 2 With A Bullet, Bill Murray Graces 'St. Vincent' - B.O. Weekend
More From Team
- UPDATE: Warner Bros Moves Up 'Entourage' Release By A Week
- Terry Keenan Dead: Longtime Business Reporter-Anchor At CNN, CNBC & Fox News
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…