The Visual Effects Society has tapped comic book icon Stan Lee to receive the 2012 VES Lifetime Achievement Award, which will be bestowed February 7 during the group’s VES Awards at the Beverly Hilton. Lee — whose creations with Marvel Comics include Spider-Man, The Incredible Hulk, X-Men and Iron Man before founding his own company POW! Entertainment in 2001 — joins previous winners including George Lucas, Robert Zemeckis, Steven Spielberg, James Cameron and last year’s recipient Ray Harryhausen. “Stan Lee’s imagination has created a completely original and profitable niche in the entertainment world and has allowed visual effects to flex its muscle in service to it,” VES chairman Jeffrey Okun said in announcing the honor today.
Stan Lee To Receive VES Lifetime Nod
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fate Of The Furious' Fires Up $745M Offshore, $908M WW; Tops 'Transformers' In China - International Box Office
'Fate Of The Furious' Drives Five Wide Releases Off The Road With $38.6M Second Weekend - Sunday AM Update
Latest Film News
- ‘Fate Of The Furious’ Fires Up $745M Offshore, $908M WW; Tops ‘Transformers’ In China – International…
- ‘Wasted!’ Directors & EP Anthony Bourdain On The Problem Of Food Waste And Ways To Combat It…
- Dennis Rodman Runs Amok In Colin Hanks’ ‘The Amazing Adventures Of Wally And The Worm’…
- ‘Dear Basketball’ Scribe Kobe Bryant On A Career Built “Piece By Piece” And Life After Basketball…
- Docs 'Citizen Jane' & 'Jeremiah Tower' Rule Quiet Weekend – Specialty B.O.
- Deadline Studio at Tribeca 2017 – Day 3 – Andie MacDowell, Joseph Fiennes, Elisabeth Moss, Kobe Bryant, Dan Stevens…