Longtime Sony Pictures TV top PR executive Paula Askanas has been promoted to EVP Communications. She oversees business and trade press and internal communication for the company worldwide, reporting to SPT president Steve Mosko. “Paula’s ability to understand both a variety of businesses, as well as the diverse needs of our global operations, has made her a tremendous asset to the company,” Mosko said. Askanas, who joined the studio as a director working with consumer press, was subsequently promoted to VP and SVP and added international communications oversight a year ago. SPT has more than two dozen shows in production in the US; internationally, it has 15 wholly or jointly owned production companies and 120 channels.
Sony TV Taps Paula Askanas As EVP Communications
What's Hot on Deadline
'Gods Of Egypt': 'Selma' Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity - Update
Thanksgiving Box Office +12% Over 2014, Boosted By 'Mockingjay 2', 'Good Dinosaur' & 'Creed' - Sunday AM Final Update
China Makes Space For ‘The Martian’ As ‘Good Dinosaur’ Snatches Eggs From No. 1 ‘Mockingjay 2’ – Intl B.O. Update
’The Danish Girl’ Bows With Style; 'Janis: Little Girl Blue' Solid In Debut; 'Carol’ Dominates Thanksgiving: Specialty B.O.
Latest TV News
- Al Markim, Who Played Astro In Pioneering ‘Tom Corbett, Space Cadet,’ Dies At 88
- ‘MasterChef Jr.’ Ratings Down, ‘Amazing Race’ Even, ‘Santa Claus’ Matches 2014
- ‘NFL On CBS’ Snags Strong Thanksgiving Day Ratings
- Marvel’s ‘Agent Carter’ Season 2 Teaser: Hayley Atwell Kicks Butt In Hollywood
- Thanksgiving NFL Matchup Draws 27.8M Viewers, 2nd-Most Ever For NBC Primetime Regular-Season Game – Update
- French Media Dedicates Coverage To Emotional Memorial Service For Victims Of Paris Attacks