EXCLUSIVE: Sony Pictures has tapped TV scribes Matthew Federman & Stephen Scaia to write the studio’s reboot of the Zorro franchise, which won’t be a remake but an origin tale of the comic book icon based on the 2005 Isabel Allende novel. It will be the latest take on the sword-wielding do-gooder following Sony’s 2005 pic The Legend Of Zorro, starring Antonio Banderas and Catherine Zeta-Jones and directed by Martin Campbell. Federman and Scaia are known for their TV work — their credits include Jericho, Warehouse 13 and Human Target and they currently serve as supervising producers on ABC’s Charlie’s Angels. They also just finished writing a Paris-set World War II action drama being developed by Chernin Entertainment and Fox Television Studios for cable. Zorro will be their second feature effort after adapting River Of Doubt, about Teddy Roosevelt’s 1914 trip down the Amazon River, for Jon Turteltaub’s Junction Entertainment. They are repped by CAA and Mosaic.
Sony Hires Matthew Federman & Stephen Scaia To Pen 'Zorro' Reboot
What's Hot on Deadline
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: At $241.96M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats 'Last Jedi' - Update
Latest Film News
- Duplass Brothers Contest Finalist Film ‘Lost Bayou’ Sets Cast; Kristanna Loken Cast In ‘University Intelligence…
- ‘Paddington’s Paul King In Talks To Direct Live-Action ‘Pinocchio’ For Disney
- California’s IMDb Age Law Violates First Amendment, Federal Court Rules; SAG-AFTRA “Extremely Disappointed”…
- Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives…
- ‘Ismael’s Ghosts’ Trailer: Marion Cotillard Haunts A Former Lover In Arnaud Desplechin Drama
- ‘Cowboy Ninja Viking’ Adds ‘Thor: Ragnarok’ Scribe Eric Pearson