EXCLUSIVE: Just when we thought the trend of comedies based on blogs and Twitter feeds was cooling off, it’s back! Fox has tapped Ugly Betty creator Silvio Horta to develop a half-hour comedy based on the infamous blog Texts From Last Night. Happy Madison and Sony Pictures TV are producing. Fox has been high on the Web property. The network, Happy Madison and Sony TV first took a stab at developing a comedy based on the Web site two seasons ago with Steve Holland as the writer. Last season, it was redeveloped with different writers, Marc Abrams and Michael Benson. Now a new take will be written by Horta, who had been looking to branch out into half-hour comedies after creating 2 sci-fi dramas, The Chronicle and Jake 2.0 and a dramedy, ABC’s Ugly Betty. The user-generated TFNL blog posts “regrettable,” often embarrassing text messages usually sent late at night by people who are drunk or high. The Web site became an instant hit when it launched in February 2009, and landed a book and TV deal. This marks WME-repped Horta’s second sale under the overall deal with Sony TV he signed in June. The other one, also at Fox, is a Latino family dramedy, which he is writing and executive executive producing with Jennifer Lopez.
Silvio Horta To Develop Comedy Series For Fox Based on Texts From Last Night Blog
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Unveils Unscripted Slate With 6 New & 18 Returning Series; More 'Real Housewives' & 'Vanderpump Rules'
M Night Shyamalan Unveils 'Glass': 'Unbreakable' & 'Split' Sequel To Star Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson, James McAvoy
Mindy Kaling & 3 Arts Option Alyssa Mastromonaco White House Memoir 'Who Thought This Was A Good Idea?' For TV
Latest TV News
- ‘Bachelor’ Alum Chris Soules’ Lawyers Insist He Didn’t Leave Scene Of Fatal Accident
- BET Greenlights New Series From Kevin Hart, Steve Harvey, Wanda Sykes & More – Upfronts
- Warner Bros. TV Ups Peter Girardi To Dual EVP Roles
- AMC Networks’ Josh Sapan Made $30.5M In 2016, Up 72.4%, Proxy Shows
- ‘Shooter’: Patrick Sabongui, Troy Garity & Jaina Lee Ortiz Set To Recur In Season 2
- ‘Timeless’ EP Eric Kripke On The Moment He Realized He Was Telling A James Bond Story — AwardsLine Screening…