EXCLUSIVE: Just when we thought the trend of comedies based on blogs and Twitter feeds was cooling off, it’s back! Fox has tapped Ugly Betty creator Silvio Horta to develop a half-hour comedy based on the infamous blog Texts From Last Night. Happy Madison and Sony Pictures TV are producing. Fox has been high on the Web property. The network, Happy Madison and Sony TV first took a stab at developing a comedy based on the Web site two seasons ago with Steve Holland as the writer. Last season, it was redeveloped with different writers, Marc Abrams and Michael Benson. Now a new take will be written by Horta, who had been looking to branch out into half-hour comedies after creating 2 sci-fi dramas, The Chronicle and Jake 2.0 and a dramedy, ABC’s Ugly Betty. The user-generated TFNL blog posts “regrettable,” often embarrassing text messages usually sent late at night by people who are drunk or high. The Web site became an instant hit when it launched in February 2009, and landed a book and TV deal. This marks WME-repped Horta’s second sale under the overall deal with Sony TV he signed in June. The other one, also at Fox, is a Latino family dramedy, which he is writing and executive executive producing with Jennifer Lopez.
Silvio Horta To Develop Comedy Series For Fox Based on Texts From Last Night Blog
What's Hot on Deadline
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
Latest TV News
- Fusion Exposes Global Food Truths In Lightbox-Produced Doc Series
- Mam Tor, Bad Wolf & Ecosse Thrillers Top Inaugural Brit List: TV
- ‘Nashville’ Gets Midseason Return & Series Finale Dates On CMT; New Characters Added – Watch Promo
- ‘Abby’s’: Natalie Morales To Star In NBC Comedy Pilot
- Stephen Colbert Lampoons Marco Rubio’s Remarks At CNN Gun Violence Town Hall
- ‘In Between Lives’: Harriet Dyer To Topline NBC Clairvoyance Crime Drama Pilot