Silent House will be released by Open Road Films and Liddell Entertainment on March 9, 2012, the companies announced today. This is the horror thriller that was part of newcomer Elizabeth Olsen’s coming-out doubleheader at this year’s Sundance Film Festival; her other film there was the critical darling Martha Marcy May Marlene. It was in Park City where Liddell made the deal for Silent House, which is co-directed by Open Water helmers Chris Kentis and Laura Lau; Open Road came in over the summer to help distribute it. The film centers on a woman (Olsen) who finds herself sealed inside her family’s secluded lake house. With no contact to the outside world, and no way out, panic turns to terror as events become increasingly ominous in and around her.
'Silent House' Set For March 9, 2012 Bow
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fantastic Beasts' Bests $600M WW; 'Moana' Mints $177M; 'Doctor Strange' Ices 'Deadpool', 'Iron Man 2' - Intl Box Office
Alec Baldwin Says Ha! To Donald Trump, While Judd Apatow Calls 'SNL'-Watching Prez-Elect "Terrifying Lunatic"
Latest Film News
- Whydah Productions Secures Rights To Barry Clifford & JFK Jr.’s Pirate Ship Tale
- Film Arcade Inks Multi-Year Domestic Distribution Deal With Universal Home Entertainment
- Fortitude Runs With Adidas/Puma Origin Story Produced By Andrew Garfield
- Guillermo Del Toro To Receive Sound Editors’ Filmmaker Award
- Jessica Chastain’s Surprising Journey Into Corporate Lobbying With ‘Miss Sloane’
- Jimmy Kimmel To Host The Oscars