Silent House will be released by Open Road Films and Liddell Entertainment on March 9, 2012, the companies announced today. This is the horror thriller that was part of newcomer Elizabeth Olsen’s coming-out doubleheader at this year’s Sundance Film Festival; her other film there was the critical darling Martha Marcy May Marlene. It was in Park City where Liddell made the deal for Silent House, which is co-directed by Open Water helmers Chris Kentis and Laura Lau; Open Road came in over the summer to help distribute it. The film centers on a woman (Olsen) who finds herself sealed inside her family’s secluded lake house. With no contact to the outside world, and no way out, panic turns to terror as events become increasingly ominous in and around her.
'Silent House' Set For March 9, 2012 Bow
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order; Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
More From Fleming Jr
- RatPac Entertainment Sets Paul Neinstein To Be COO
- Toronto: 'The Dead Lands' Acquired By Magnet In NA Rights Deal
- 'Sons Of Anarchy's Katey Sagal Mothers Vinny Pazienza In Fight Pic 'Bleed For This'
- 'Ben-Hur' Remake: 'Boardwalk Empire's Jack Huston Lands Title Role
- Toronto: Andrew Garfield-Michael Shannon Starrer '99 Homes' Sells To Broad Green Pictures In $3 Million Deal
- 'Skull Island:' Tom Hiddleston Stars In King Kong Origin Tale