Silent House will be released by Open Road Films and Liddell Entertainment on March 9, 2012, the companies announced today. This is the horror thriller that was part of newcomer Elizabeth Olsen’s coming-out doubleheader at this year’s Sundance Film Festival; her other film there was the critical darling Martha Marcy May Marlene. It was in Park City where Liddell made the deal for Silent House, which is co-directed by Open Water helmers Chris Kentis and Laura Lau; Open Road came in over the summer to help distribute it. The film centers on a woman (Olsen) who finds herself sealed inside her family’s secluded lake house. With no contact to the outside world, and no way out, panic turns to terror as events become increasingly ominous in and around her.
'Silent House' Set For March 9, 2012 Bow
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can't Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest Film News
- PwC Exec Cancels CNN Segment “Apparently On Orders From The Academy,” Anderson Cooper Says
- U.S. State Department Deletes Tweet Congratulating Iranian Director After ‘Salesman’ Oscar Win
- Jaime King To Stir It Up In ‘How To Cook Your Daughter’
- PricewaterhouseCoopers Chairman Says Best Picture Gaffe Was “A Human Error”
- Sakina Jaffrey Cast In Fox’s ‘Red Sparrow’; Bill Marchant Joins Sci-Fi Indie ‘Volition’
- Donald Trump Takes Credit For Oscars Best Picture Snafu