Silent House will be released by Open Road Films and Liddell Entertainment on March 9, 2012, the companies announced today. This is the horror thriller that was part of newcomer Elizabeth Olsen’s coming-out doubleheader at this year’s Sundance Film Festival; her other film there was the critical darling Martha Marcy May Marlene. It was in Park City where Liddell made the deal for Silent House, which is co-directed by Open Water helmers Chris Kentis and Laura Lau; Open Road came in over the summer to help distribute it. The film centers on a woman (Olsen) who finds herself sealed inside her family’s secluded lake house. With no contact to the outside world, and no way out, panic turns to terror as events become increasingly ominous in and around her.
'Silent House' Set For March 9, 2012 Bow
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Netflix Sets 'Crouching Tiger 2′ As 1st Feature; Hollywood's Nightmare?
- 'Boyhood's Richard Linklater Baseball Pic Fielded By Annapurna, Paramount
- Matt Bomer Joins Ryan Gosling & Russell Crowe In 'The Nice Guys'
- Gerard Butler Eyes Babak Najafi As 'Olympus Has Fallen' Sequel Helmer
- Bart & Fleming: On 70s Films, UA Resurrection, Goat Horns And Glory