Showtime has laid off seven employees in affiliate sales. The most prominent among them is Anne Droste, SVP and General Manager of the Western Zone. The trimming surprised some as Showtime is doing very well financially and has been adding subscribers. The move was part of a consolidation effort, a Showtime spokesperson said. “We announced a restructuring of our marketing and sales groups a few months ago and this is part of that process,” the spokesperson said. As part of the restructuring of Showtime’s marketing operations following the departure of marketing head Len Fogge, the affiliate marketing division was moved under the purview of EVP Affiliate Sales Tom Christie, whose department had to absorb a number of employees from different areas in the last few months. Additionally, Showtime has most of its affiliate deals locked in for the foreseeable future.
Showtime Lays Off 7 In Affiliate Sales
What's Hot on Deadline
M Night Shyamalan Unveils 'Glass': 'Unbreakable' & 'Split' Sequel To Star Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson, James McAvoy
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
Mindy Kaling & 3 Arts Option Alyssa Mastromonaco White House Memoir 'Who Thought This Was A Good Idea?' For TV
Latest TV News
- Vince Vaughn-Produced ‘Fearless With Tim Ferriss’ Gets Premiere Date On Audience Network
- California Bill To Boost Funding For Hollywood Job Training Passes Committee
- Studios & WGA Can’t Even Agree On Lost Revenues From Last Strike
- Rita Moreno On Her EGOT Wins, Affairs With Brando & Elvis (!) And Taking Life ‘One Day At A Time’ – The…
- Mindy Kaling & 3 Arts Option Alyssa Mastromonaco White House Memoir ‘Who Thought This Was A Good Idea…
- Tom Hanks, Jodie Foster, David Byrne, Meryl Streep Remember Jonathan Demme