The team behind the 2008 Fox comedy Unhitched, writers Chris Pappas, Mike Bernier and Kevin Barnett and directors Bobby and Peter Farrelly, is reuniting for a new comedy project in development at Showtime. The 5 are executive producing the project, a sometimes cynical, raunchy, Farrelly-style comedy revolving around a guy who is betrayed by his wife after years of marriage and he finds himself at the crossroads of a midlife crisis. CAA-repped Pappas, Bernier and Barnett are writing, with Peter Farrelly attached to direct. Also exec producing are Jason Felts, Justin Berfield and Michael Forman of Virgin Produced along with Darryl Taja, who packaged the project and manages the writers. Additionally, Pappas and Bernier are writing a multi-camera comedy for ABC starring music star Romeo Santos and based on his life growing up in a traditional Dominican-American family. Pappas and Bernier are executive producing with Will Smith and James Lassiter of Overbrook Entertainment. Record executive/manager Steve Stoute will also produce in some capacity.
Showtime Buys Comedy From Farrelly Bros, Chris Pappas, Mike Bernier & Kevin Barnett
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Andreeva
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par With Host Amy Adams
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'