The team behind the 2008 Fox comedy Unhitched, writers Chris Pappas, Mike Bernier and Kevin Barnett and directors Bobby and Peter Farrelly, is reuniting for a new comedy project in development at Showtime. The 5 are executive producing the project, a sometimes cynical, raunchy, Farrelly-style comedy revolving around a guy who is betrayed by his wife after years of marriage and he finds himself at the crossroads of a midlife crisis. CAA-repped Pappas, Bernier and Barnett are writing, with Peter Farrelly attached to direct. Also exec producing are Jason Felts, Justin Berfield and Michael Forman of Virgin Produced along with Darryl Taja, who packaged the project and manages the writers. Additionally, Pappas and Bernier are writing a multi-camera comedy for ABC starring music star Romeo Santos and based on his life growing up in a traditional Dominican-American family. Pappas and Bernier are executive producing with Will Smith and James Lassiter of Overbrook Entertainment. Record executive/manager Steve Stoute will also produce in some capacity.
Showtime Buys Comedy From Farrelly Bros, Chris Pappas, Mike Bernier & Kevin Barnett
What's Hot on Deadline
'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Reaches Unprecedented Height At Domestic B.O. With $900M, $2B Worldwide
Lionsgate Plans 17 Films For 2017, Says 'Star Wars' Grabbed $50M-$100M From 'Mockingjay 2'; Stock Falls 27%
Latest TV News
- Mandalay Sports Media Teams With OBB Pictures For Sports Projects; 76ers’ Joel Embiid First In Lineup
- ‘Rocky Horror Picture Show’ Casts Ben Vereen; ‘Fear The Walking Dead’ Adds Veronica Diaz
- Worldwide Production Agency Names Five As Partners
- Fox Orders ‘The Enforcers’ Female Buddy Comedy Pilot, Chris Case Family Comedy
- ‘Training Day’: Will Ethan Hawke’s Jake Hoyt Return For TV Series Reboot?
- Bernie Sanders Heading to ‘SNL’ To Join Larry David