The team behind the 2008 Fox comedy Unhitched, writers Chris Pappas, Mike Bernier and Kevin Barnett and directors Bobby and Peter Farrelly, is reuniting for a new comedy project in development at Showtime. The 5 are executive producing the project, a sometimes cynical, raunchy, Farrelly-style comedy revolving around a guy who is betrayed by his wife after years of marriage and he finds himself at the crossroads of a midlife crisis. CAA-repped Pappas, Bernier and Barnett are writing, with Peter Farrelly attached to direct. Also exec producing are Jason Felts, Justin Berfield and Michael Forman of Virgin Produced along with Darryl Taja, who packaged the project and manages the writers. Additionally, Pappas and Bernier are writing a multi-camera comedy for ABC starring music star Romeo Santos and based on his life growing up in a traditional Dominican-American family. Pappas and Bernier are executive producing with Will Smith and James Lassiter of Overbrook Entertainment. Record executive/manager Steve Stoute will also produce in some capacity.
Showtime Buys Comedy From Farrelly Bros, Chris Pappas, Mike Bernier & Kevin Barnett
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- K.J. Steinberg Inks Overall Deal With Sony TV, Sells Female Cop Drama To CBS
- Kevin Falls Inks Overall Deal With 20th TV, Sells University Drama To Fox
- Bill Burr To Star In FX Comedy Pilot From 'It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia' Team
- 'Selfie' & 'Manhattan Love Story' Start Soft, Edge Fox Comedies; 'New Orleans' Holds, 'Forever' Drops – Ratings Rat Race
- ABC Pilot 'Clementine' Stays Alive With New Cast Extension, Eyes Summer Run
- Alyssa Milano Exits ABC's 'Mistresses'