Shirley MacLaine has been named the 40th recipient of the American Film Institute’s Life Achievement Award. The 77-year-old MacLaine will receive the tribute during a gala ceremony next June 7 that will be broadcast later that month on TV Land. In announcing the selection, AFI board of trustees chair Howard Stringer said, “Shirley MacLaine is a powerhouse of personality that has illuminated screens large and small across six decades. From ingenue to screen legend, Shirley has entertained a global audience through song, dance, laughter and tears, and her career as writer, director and producer is even further evidence of her passion for the art form and her seemingly boundless talents.” The 1984 Oscar winner as Best Actress for Terms of Endearment is being honored by AFI four years after her younger brother Warren Beatty was in 2008.
Shirley MacLaine To Receive AFI Life Achievement Award On June 7th
What's Hot on Deadline
'Dunkirk' To See Weekend Victory Of $55M+; 'Girls Trip' Hot At $27M+; 'Valerian' Falling To Earth With $16M
Sean Spicer Says Melissa McCarthy 'Saturday Night Live' Parody "Funny"; Sean Hannity Reminds Him It's Not
Comic-Con: 'Outlander' EP Ronald D Moore Talks Seasons 3 & 4, Diana Gabaldon, 'Battlestar Galactica' & The Changing SDCC
'Marvel's The Defenders' Stuns Fans With Debut Episode Screening & New Trailer For Netflix Series - Comic-Con
Sean Spicer Resigns As Anthony Scaramucci Named White House Communications Director; Trump Lauds "His Great Television Ratings"
Latest Awardsline News
- Dick Van Dyke To Receive BAFTA’s Britannia Excellence In TV Award
- Deadline’s PMC, Hollywood Filmmakers & Sports Teams Back Launch Of National Heroes Day
- American Cinematheque To Honor Imax At Awards Gala
- ‘Saturday Night Live’s Female Cast Members Seize The Day At Emmy Noms
- ‘Stranger Things’ Star David Harbour On Darker Hopper In Magic But Different Season 2
- Nicole Kidman, Reese Witherspoon & Alexander Skarsgard Talk ‘Big Little Lies’ Season 2 & Who Is Behind…