EXCLUSIVE: Irish actress, writer and comedian Sharon Horgan has signed a blind deal with ABC Studios to write and star in a comedy project for the studio. She will executive produce with Aaron Kaplan of Kapital Entertainment. The pact extends Horgan’s relationship with ABC Studios. She first worked with it during the 2008-09 season when ABC Studios produced a pilot for ABC based on the British comedy series Pulling. Horgan co-created the original series and served as an executive producer on the U.S. adaptation. Last season, she created and co-starred in the ABC/ABC Studios comedy pilot Bad Mom, which she executive produced with Kaplan. Horgan, who played the female lead in the British version of Free Agents, currently co-stars opposite Scott Bakula in the London world premiere production of Saul Rubinek’s Terrible Advice directed by Frank Oz. She also has two comedy projects in development at British networks: Bad Sugar at Channel 4, to which she is attached to star, and Life Story at BBC 3, which she wrote and is starring in. Horgan is with WME and UK’s United Agents.
Sharon Horgan To Write And Star In Comedy Project For ABC Studios
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland' Nosing Out 'Pitch Perfect' For No. 1; 'Mad Max' Holds Strong; 'Ultron' To Cross $400M - Box Office Saturday
Hot Cannes 'Circle' Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In 'Assassin's Creed', New 'Bourne' Film
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest TV News
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA
- UP Orders ‘Last Hope With Troy Dunn’ To Series