EXCLUSIVE: Irish actress, writer and comedian Sharon Horgan has signed a blind deal with ABC Studios to write and star in a comedy project for the studio. She will executive produce with Aaron Kaplan of Kapital Entertainment. The pact extends Horgan’s relationship with ABC Studios. She first worked with it during the 2008-09 season when ABC Studios produced a pilot for ABC based on the British comedy series Pulling. Horgan co-created the original series and served as an executive producer on the U.S. adaptation. Last season, she created and co-starred in the ABC/ABC Studios comedy pilot Bad Mom, which she executive produced with Kaplan. Horgan, who played the female lead in the British version of Free Agents, currently co-stars opposite Scott Bakula in the London world premiere production of Saul Rubinek’s Terrible Advice directed by Frank Oz. She also has two comedy projects in development at British networks: Bad Sugar at Channel 4, to which she is attached to star, and Life Story at BBC 3, which she wrote and is starring in. Horgan is with WME and UK’s United Agents.
Sharon Horgan To Write And Star In Comedy Project For ABC Studios
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Jon Turteltaub Producing CBS Family Comedy
- HBO & Playtone Take On Battle Against Offshoring With 'Factory Man' Miniseries
- Grant Gish Upped To VP Animation At 20th Century Fox TV
- Amazon Orders Soccer Kids Comedy Pilot 'The Kicks'
- NBC Eyes Horror Anthology Series From Jason Blum, Tony Krantz & Endemol
- Peter Segal To Direct & Executive Produce MTV's Ken Jeong Comedy Pilot