EXCLUSIVE: Irish actress, writer and comedian Sharon Horgan has signed a blind deal with ABC Studios to write and star in a comedy project for the studio. She will executive produce with Aaron Kaplan of Kapital Entertainment. The pact extends Horgan’s relationship with ABC Studios. She first worked with it during the 2008-09 season when ABC Studios produced a pilot for ABC based on the British comedy series Pulling. Horgan co-created the original series and served as an executive producer on the U.S. adaptation. Last season, she created and co-starred in the ABC/ABC Studios comedy pilot Bad Mom, which she executive produced with Kaplan. Horgan, who played the female lead in the British version of Free Agents, currently co-stars opposite Scott Bakula in the London world premiere production of Saul Rubinek’s Terrible Advice directed by Frank Oz. She also has two comedy projects in development at British networks: Bad Sugar at Channel 4, to which she is attached to star, and Life Story at BBC 3, which she wrote and is starring in. Horgan is with WME and UK’s United Agents.
Sharon Horgan To Write And Star In Comedy Project For ABC Studios
Trending Now on Deadline
Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup
More From Andreeva
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox
- Resolution's Cynthia Booth & Emma Lewis Join Don Buchwald & Associates
- Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup