EXCLUSIVE: Irish actress, writer and comedian Sharon Horgan has signed a blind deal with ABC Studios to write and star in a comedy project for the studio. She will executive produce with Aaron Kaplan of Kapital Entertainment. The pact extends Horgan’s relationship with ABC Studios. She first worked with it during the 2008-09 season when ABC Studios produced a pilot for ABC based on the British comedy series Pulling. Horgan co-created the original series and served as an executive producer on the U.S. adaptation. Last season, she created and co-starred in the ABC/ABC Studios comedy pilot Bad Mom, which she executive produced with Kaplan. Horgan, who played the female lead in the British version of Free Agents, currently co-stars opposite Scott Bakula in the London world premiere production of Saul Rubinek’s Terrible Advice directed by Frank Oz. She also has two comedy projects in development at British networks: Bad Sugar at Channel 4, to which she is attached to star, and Life Story at BBC 3, which she wrote and is starring in. Horgan is with WME and UK’s United Agents.
Sharon Horgan To Write And Star In Comedy Project For ABC Studios
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'Jack Reacher' Cuffs $31M But 'Mechanic' Puts Wrench Into China Perf; 'Girl', 'Inferno', 'Peregrine' Advance - Intl Box Office
Latest TV News
- ‘Being Mary Jane’ Adds Valarie Pettiford, Ashton Holmes & Chiké Okonkwo
- ‘Before The Flood’ To Premiere Commercial Free Across Nat Geo Global Networks October 30
- ‘The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon’ Showrunner Josh Lieb Departs For Uni TV Overall Deal, Trio Promoted To…
- Freeform Buys 'Bad Dates' Relationship Comedy From 'Veep's Timothy Simons
- Chris McCarthy Adds MTV Oversight With Promotion To President Of MTV, VH1 & Logo
- ‘Sunday Night Football’ Ratings Rise As Seahawks & Cardinals Game Ends In Tie